CIB - Securities Services - Depositary Service Product Development Team - Data and Process Lead - Associate/Vice President (London or Bournemouth)
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ . Depositary Services
JPMorgan is one of the world's largest Depositaries with over US$2.3 trillion of assets under depositary. The business is part of the Securities Services organisation and is critical to the success of the Custody and Fund Services enterprise, operating primarily in EMEA and the USA.
The Depositary Services business works to ensure clients' funds are managed in accordance with applicable regulations and policies, ultimately acting on behalf of the funds' investor base. This involves regular oversight and on-going monitoring of the funds' investment activities, governance, appointed service providers including 3 rd parties, and other fiduciary activities. The business is in the early stages of a strategic transformation programme, which will introduce fundamental changes to its technology infrastructure, approach to its daily activities, and organizational structure. The initiative is being managed in close partnership with several other areas within the Securities Services organization.
The Product Development Team is recruiting for a Vice President to lead the definition and implementation of the strategic data management and process designs for the business. This work will be done in close partnership with business stakeholders, the technology team, and our peer teams across the organization to ensure the final product is aligned to the Securities Services overall strategic objectives. The main Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with stakeholders across the business, technology and other Securities Services products to d efine and document the data model requirements across the entire business process.
- Acting as central point of contact for the business and other members of the Product Development team on the subject of data, and become a go-to person for data dependencies and impact on process and system design.
- Acting as the team liaison to other data management functions, ensuring effective bi-directional communications and decisions.
- Definition and design of business processes, including re-engineering existing processes.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Highly data literate, experienced in data modelling and terminology from a business perspective.
- Proven process design and re-engineering experience, with knowledge of BPMN or similar process modelling skillset.
- Solid knowledge of financial transaction and product lifecycle, knowledge of the end-to-end fund administration and custody models, fund governance, 3 rd party oversight.
- Awareness of key regulations shaping the asset/investment management segment, such as AIFMD and UCITs.
- Significant practitioner experience in Project/Change Management and process design.
- Flexible and creative thinker able to challenge status quo and probe for details. to develop alternative solutions and recommendations for change.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills, proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to synthesize information across products, systems and functions to ensure holistic approach to requirements, implementation approach and final deliverable .
- Analytical, detailed, and structured approach to problem solving.
- Self-starter, with a very strong sense of ownership and result-orientation; proactive and able to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Resiliency and ability to maintain positive attitude in face of challenge and uncertainty.
- Cost- and control-focused mindset.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.