CIB - Securities Services - Asset Class Data Modeller (OTC SME) - Vice President (London / Bournemouth)
Securities Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan's Securities Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services. The Role
JPMorgan is one of the largest Global Securities Services organisations in Financial Services - with offices, operations and clients throughout the world. This role is responsible for working on a large multi-disciplinary program that will deliver system development and operating model changes across the Securities Services business units. The Program delivery team is centered in New York, with satellites in Boston, Dallas, London, Dublin and India organized into work stream delivery teams, each with a distinct and vital role in delivering the program.
The Asset Class Data Modeler role within the Data Strategy team will serve as the data subject matter expert for the respective Asset Class. Emphasis will be placed on defining the end to end data lineage for the Asset Class, straight from execution through to outbound data dissemination. Individual will collaborate with the Information Architects to ensure Logical Data Models are complete and representative of the Asset Class. Individual will also be responsible for ensuring that the Asset Class is fully contemplated in the Usable Data Models that are created for strategic omni-channel data delivery (API's / SWIFT messaging / Reporting / Dashboards). Responsibilities:
- Define end to end data strategy for respective Asset Class, straight from execution to outbound data dissemination
- Collaborate with the following data partners
- Information Architects to ensure Logical Data Models are complete and representative of the Asset Class
- Business Data Architects to ensure Usable Data Models are fully contemplated to facilitate proper outbound data dissemination for the Asset Class
- Business Data Architects to agree terms and definitions
- Data Quality Product Developer to ensure data quality rules and associated operating model are sufficient for the Asset Class
- Outbound data delivery leads to ensure that requirements for the integration of data are complete and accurate for prioritized data deliverables
- Participate in and contribute to the broader CIB Data Strategy with specific emphasis upon data modeling
- Identify opportunities for improvement, presenting them to senior management and helping to affect change
- Manage effective working group meetings across Product, Operations and Technology to deliver the data strategy
- Ownership of the work stream plan, RAID Log and action list .
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- The role requires a logical mind, perseverance, the ability to communicate ideas well, and the ability to deal confidentially with people at all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience within a product development or business change role
- Securities Services or data modeling experience preferred
- Energetic self-starter that takes initiative and has demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary team
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups, driving teams to delivery
- Strong Project Management skills, must be organized and able to deconstruct 1) a project into achievable deliverables and 2) complex issues into constituent parts inclusive of recommendations/solutions
- Must be detail orientated, highly responsible and work within aggressive deadlines and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive an agenda, influence and build consensus across multi-functional, cross-regional and diverse teams
- Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery
- Ability to quickly understand a complex matrix of systems across the infrastructure and their interdependencies and relationships
- Adaptable to change and/or ability to maximize opportunities presented through change
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confiden t Scheme.