CIB - Operations Risk/Control Manager - VP - London
Responsible for management of responses to specific regularor adhoc regulatory reporting requirements, particularly Recovery &Resolution Plan related, covering FMU/agent banks and/ or marketinfrastructures globally. This role will also ensure working environmentcontinually evolves to meet the new regulatory requirements, including enhanceddocumentation, MIS and organizational training.
Examples of activities this role will cover include:
- Production of critical Payment, Clearing and Settlement (PCS) relatedAppendices on a Firmwide and specific Legal Entity basis
- Act as liaison to annual Fed Template submission - coordinating withGlobal Market Infrastructure(GMI) resources to produce data and reviewingsummary Template data as part of data validation efforts
- Material Legal Entity Scoping exercises
- Coordinate responses to other ad hoc regulatory requests regarding agentbanks and market infrastructures using Fed Template, GMI MIS, other knownresources, and partnering with stakeholders to fill gaps where needed
- Maintain the knowledge around the Firm's regulatory obligations andensuring team complies, updating procedures/ SOPs and MIS as appropriate toreflect new regulatory requirements.
This role will require X-LOB coordination for informationgathering. The essential element of the role is detail focus ability toreview, normalize or rationalize data from multiple sources with variabledefinitions, and prepare complete datasets and narratives that meet regulatoryrequirements and comport with the catalog of Recovery and Resolution plans andnarratives.
The incumbent will need to forge strong relationships withbusiness and product managers globally, as well as the senior managers of thesupported operations areas across the CIB, operations managers globally. It is expected the person in this role, if successful will be able to developand implement strategic solutions to meet our regulatory complianceobligations. Key skills and qualifications are:
- Previous working experience required in the financial industry across project management and BAU operational roles
- Experience within or strong knowledge of Global Markets Infrastructures
- High level of competence with Excel for data management, some experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau optimal.
- A good understanding of the firm's business areas (Treasury Services / Wholesale Payments, Markets, Securities Services, Asset & Wealth Management, Card, Retail, Corporate), their products and an appreciation of respective business environments;
- Understanding of Resolution and Recovery reporting and other commitments and overall structure/scope of US Resolution plan.
- Ability to quickly determine data elements needed and provide requirements to analysts for quick turn-around
- Ability to build strong working relationships with business partners in internal LOBs across the firm and with other functions (Compliance, Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Self motivation coupled with strong analytical skills and internal process control skills mindset