CIB - Investment Banking - EPRM (Energy, Power & Renewables, Metals & Mining) - Analyst - London
As an Analyst in the EMEA EPRM (Energy, Power & Renewables, Metals & Mining) sector coverage team you will be a key player in the origination and execution of investment banking mandates across all major product areas. You will work with expert professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank and will get exposure to formal training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will develop strong skills in the major areas of investment banking and will be given the opportunity to develop into a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Working with global sector teams and projects, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions.
In these roles, you will be expected to:
- Support origination efforts and any client engagement initiatives by preparing marketing pitches, presentations or any such analysis that may be required to win a new mandate
- Coordinate with several other teams including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, ratings, credit, etc.
- Participate in the \"full cycle\" of a transaction including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
- On transaction execution specifically: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaise with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
- Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
- Keep abreast of key market developments in the sector (in particular Power & Renewables) and establish knowledge of the sector client base and relevant market dynamics
These roles require a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
- Prior work experience in an investment banking front office, or related, role.
- Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business skills.
- A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution.
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other lines of business.
- Being self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $420 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, to provide comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.