CIB - Global Research - Global Index Research Group - ESG Index Specialist - Vice President
CIB - Global Research - Global Index Research Group -ESG Index Specialist - Vice President Global Index Research Group profile
J.P. Morgan's Global Index Research is a central hubfor fixed income indices within the Corporate and Investment bank, and is partof the Global Research organization. The group is a leadingprovider of indices across fixed income with a market leading presence inEmerging Market (EM) and Developed Market (DM) Indices, accounting for over 95%of the market with over $800 billion in assets tracking the various EM indexproducts. The Global Index Research analysts are viewed as thoughtleaders in the indexing lifecycle (from idea generation to launch) and liaisewith clients in all stages of their investment cycle.
Overall, the index group is responsible for creating,managing and marketing J.P. Morgan proprietary indices and commercialization ofresearch data for beta-access products (ETFs, structured products etc.). The group is also involved in collaborative researchefforts with other J.P. Morgan research groups in producing thematicpublications and marketing efforts around the underlying asset class (EmergingMarkets, Global treasury markets, Corporates etc.). Our clients are some of theworld's largest asset managers, insurance and pension firms as well assovereign wealth funds. The team has presence globally in New York, London andMumbai. Description of the role
The J.P. Morgan's Global Index ResearchGroup is looking for candidates interested in being part of our exciting newgrowth phase.
We are looking for a senior analyst withexperience in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factor research,portfolio construction, index solutions or related areas to join the GlobalIndex Research team. The primary responsibility will be to help build the J.P.Morgan ESG Index platform, help our clients navigate around ESG investing andbe an advocate for marketing the index platform internally and externally.
You would need to be a self-starter andself-motivated as this is a relatively new initiative within the indexbusiness. You would need to establish the framework on how best to accumulateESG expertise for our index products, write research publications, and mostimportantly turn your experience into tangible index products. You will be partof a well-established, expanding, high profile business with variousopportunities to cultivate expertise in fixed income asset class, develop yourown client base, publish research, and establish a brand as a leading index analystin the market.
This is a front-office research role thatrequires the individual to demonstrate a range of skills from relationshipmanagement and effective communication, to analytical problem solving andteamwork. We are a dynamic, diverse team of professionals with a fantasticentrepreneurial culture. The role requires foresight to anticipate clientneeds, meticulous time management, and development of new research ideas. Thisrole involves a firm understanding of the ESG landscape, fixed income indexdynamics and analytics, as well as good relationship management skills withvarious internal teams. Experience with ESG portfolio construction or fixedincome strategy type roles is a plus. Responsibilities of the candidate:
- Developing and marketing, feasibility studies and scenario analysis to test the viability of new ESG index products.
- The candidate would work with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes.
- Core part of this role is ensuring all products are efficient and aligned with the technical framework.
- Relationship management is key with internal stakeholders and market participants
- Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field.
- Experience in ESG factor research, portfolio construction, index solutions or related areas.
- Experience in the Indexing space (benchmarks or strategy) is preferred. Quantitative or technology related work experience in financial services is a plus.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- In depth understanding of ESG and related topics
- Fixed income concepts and bond math
- Tracking and understanding impact of market activity - new issuance, price volatility
- Superb organizational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to think locally & execute globally
- Idea generation and writing index research publications
- Understanding of data science techniques, analytical skills and familiarity with building and maintaining financial models
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.