CIB - Global Research - EMEA Equity Research - European Banks - Analyst/Associate - London
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career. Our Business
J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Research and a career within the department is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the stocks they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients and we work closely with colleagues in Equity Sales, Sales-Trading and Trading to deliver the service. Our strong Research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as Investment Banking, Derivatives, Credit & Rates and Private Equity. Opportunity
An opening has arisen for an Analyst/Associate to work within the Banks Research team in London, reporting directly to the Head of Bank Equity Research. We are seeking a Banking, Accounting or Finance professional with 3-4 years sector - related experience and knowledge of Bank analysis. Key responsibilities
The Candidate will be working within our top rated Team, providing support to the Senior Analysts. The primary responsibilities will initially include:
• Top-down European Bank analysis from ECB, Fed, bond yields etc. decisions on Banks
• Work on thematic Bank topics important for the investment decision such as regulatory changes, Fintech etc.
• Contribution to write on quarterly results alerts, detailed stock reports
• Communication with institutional investors and company representatives, as well as internal clients (Sales, Sales-Traders and Traders) Requirements
The key requirements include:
• Passion for the stock market
• Strong analytical, accounting and quantitative skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently with colleagues across J.P. Morgan and external clients
• Fluency in English is essential, both oral and written
• Ability to produce accurate and detailed materials, while meeting tight deadlines
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency
• Past experience in Research, particularly Financials or in the fields like FIG, M&A or Accounting would be advantageous.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.