CIB - Global Credit Trading - European Financials Trader - Analyst/Associate
This position is for a Junior Trader on the European Financials Credit Trading desk, working with the Short Term Fixed Income team. The role offers a unique opportunity to join a developing and expanding desk, positioned within the market leading Global Credit Trading franchise. Responsibilities:
- Trade multi-currency Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposits across all sectors as well as EUR and USD front-end credit books;
- Proactively manage risk including credit, interest rate, liquidity and reputational;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with issuer clients, understand their funding requirements / drivers and regularly update them with insightful market colour and trade ideas;
- Trade Interest Rate products i.e. OIS / Euribor & Libor Futures / Government Bonds to hedge desk interest rate exposures;
- Build successful working relationships with a broad range of sales teams, spanning multiple jurisdictions and market sectors;
- Monitor and evaluate pricing via multiple sources, including issuer runs, electronic pricing screens, and broker chats. Filter this information to update issuers and sales people with pertinent opportunities to help build market liquidity;
- Keep abreast of relevant market moves / developments - with particular focus on Credit / Rates / Cross-currency Swaps / Money fund flows / macro and Central Bank news.
- Technology development - test, monitor and proactively suggest developments to help increase efficiencies and revenues.
- Interact daily with the Global credit teams to exchange market colour, trade ideas and identify liquidity opportunities.
- Work with internal partners including Debt Capital Markets, Syndicate, and Corporate Banking to help deliver the firms' broader expertise and contribute to franchise revenue growth
- Stay close to the settlement process to ensure trades flow smoothly, reducing costs associated with failures in this area.
- Actively participate in and lead client presentations and pitches for new business opportunities
- Applicants must have prior experience within a Front Office role, preferably with direct exposure to clients;
- Demonstrable experience working with a Top tier Investment Bank;
- Self-motivated with strong commercial acumen to help develop an expanding front end franchise;
- Possession of clear and concise decision making skills, with the ability to execute under pressure in a fast-paced environment whilst managing a range of risks;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong commercial relationships both externally and internally;
- Proactive and well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively;
- Strong analytical, quantitative and technological skills, including expertise in Microsoft Excel;
- The ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures whilst remaining focused on managing the firms' risk;
- Attention to detail is extremely important as is the ability to identify and resolve problems quickly;
- The candidate should be comfortable working independently, but must be able to fit into a team environment, with a willingness to contribute and assist others;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Second European language a benefit in particular French and/or German;
- Role is in scope for Certification Regime (IAR) and as such it is preferable that candidates are Certified Persons
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: December 10, 2019