CIB - Global Commodities - European Power Trader - Vice President
CIB - Global Commodities - European Power Trader -Vice President About J.P.Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration acrossthe globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs,anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadershippositions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees whowork hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. Thisis why we are the most respected financial institution in the world - and whywe can offer you an outstanding career. Our business
The EMEA Energy Trading Desk provides bespoke vanilla and exotic derivatives tocorporate and investor clients globally. Opportunity
The opportunity is to work within the Gas, Power and Emissions business basedin EMEA. Key responsibilities
- Pricing and managing Power derivative risk including linear andnon-linear trades in both liquid and illiquid benchmarks across the Europeanpower space.
- Drivegrowth of the bank's customer franchise within power, gas and emissions sectorsvia design and delivery of innovative trade, risk management and optimisation solutionsfor both an existing and future client base.
- Demonstrateinitiative and resourcefulness in terms of improving in-house proprietaryfundamentals analysis and, with appropriate guidance and support, help buildout further analytical infrastructure as per business requirements.
- Significant demonstrable experience trading benchmark European physical power and associated derivatives preferably within a utility or trade house context.
- Proven track record of translating fundamental analysis and/or quantitative modelling of derivatives space into trading opportunities and asset optimisation strategies.
- Competency in risk-managing the logistical/delivery aspects of near-end power trading.
- Solid background in power - stack fundamentals modelling, analysis and interpretation.
- Thorough understanding of both physical and derivative options within the context of power, gas and emissions space.
- Experience trading other related assets within gas and emissions space beneficial.
- Energy derivative risk management
- Modelling of commodity supply and demand
- High level analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent time management skills
- Interest in wider energy markets as well as macro trends
- Strong approach to the control environment
- Ability to work under pressure and operate at senior level
- Strong communication skills.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."