CIB - Corporate Finance - Investor Relations - Associate
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
To work as part of the UK Investor Relations team providing investor relations support to J.P.Morgan Cazenove's UK Corporate and Institutional client base.
Main duties and overall responsibilities
This is typically done through organising and attending roadshows (which are often arranged with a view to target existing
Taking direct instruction from the UK IB Fund team to do the following:
- Organise results led and impromptu roadshows
- Gaining market feedback and investor opinion to aid UK IB Funds team
- Organise and coordinate investor group lunches and roundtable events in order to aid UK IB Fund team broking relationships. (Asia Pacific Roundtable, Emerging Markets Roundtable and Smaller Companies Roundtable
- Pre-marketing of new products (i.e. obtaining pre-sounding scripts and calling from desk new and existing investors to discuss new products, such as Spire Income and ICONIC.
- Proactively organise roadshows and group lunches in the UK and Europe for UK corporate clients (general communication providing details of roadshows, liaise with fund manager and / or marketing and sales team to identify dates, specific investor targets and then pass on scheduling and administration to IR team)
- Create bespoke marketing plans for corporate clients involving results roadshows, investor lunches, capital markets day etc.
- Accompany clients to meetings arranged (representing JPMC)
- Preparing roadshow schedule in conjunction with JPMC IR and client.
- Gain meeting feedback from investors and pass on non-attributable information to clients and back to UK IB team.
- Targeting new and existing investors for roadshows
- Building relationship with investors in London, Edinburgh and the regional to further develop network.
- Organise and collect investor feedback and recommendations following each roadshow, including writing up the final report
- Pre-marketing new products (via script from desk)
- Uncovering buying interest from new/existing investors (which is passed to Sales to execute)
- Speaking to investors to identify gaps in their portfolio's in order to ensure they are offered relevant 1-1 meetings / round table events. Pass information on to Sales and IB team.
- Discussing any duplications when planning to call investors (new/existing)
- Passing over any buying interest uncovered from new/existing investors during / post roadshows and daily discussion.
- Inform sales of up and coming marketing events so they can push to their clients.
- Work in conjunction with Sales to highlight and inform UK IB corporate clients to new and existing investors when positive research or favourable market conditions occur.
- Gain market opinion and advise
- Inform of potential new investor lunches and roundtable events
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- IR/Roadshow experience desirable
- Experience in client management an advantage
- Experience in complex organisational tasks
- Enthusiastic, energetic and well organised
- Organisational skills and self-motivated approach essential; ability to
- prioritise workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident and pro-active when working with US sales and banking
- Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Interest in the financial markets
- Team player and good interpersonal skills essential
- Good telephone manner essential
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Common sense, be able to work on own initiative. Resourcefulness in problem-solving under pressure
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.