CIB – Global Equities & Prime Services – Financial Resource Management / Capital Optimization – Associate
CIB - Global Equities & Prime Services - Financial Resource Management (FRM) - Associate - London - [LISTING #] Description About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across a large diversified list of businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career. Our Business
Global Equities & Prime Services is a division of the CIB and engages in trading, market making, financing and clearing activities on a variety of equity and equity derivative products providing liquidity and risk management capabilities to a wide range of clients including asset managers, banks and broker dealers, hedge funds, pension funds and insurance companies.
The Global Equities & Prime Services division comprises the Global Equities business, Prime Finance, and Global Clearing. The business has a global footprint and is organized in three geographical hubs in order to best serve our clients: Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA), North America (NAMR), and Asia Pacific (APAC). Position Summary
You will be part of the Front Office organization and your role will be to work with the Equities & Prime Services management team & relevant desk heads to optimize their financial resource footprint (including, but not limited to, assessing capital, balance-sheet and funding/liquidity needs, understanding regulatory constraints and firm/CIB strategy and how this translates into challenges/opportunities for the business).
You will interface with trading, financing and client service organizations across Equities, Prime Finance and Global Clearing, as well as a broad range of CIB and Corporate support functions, as we develop strategies for optimal resource deployment and enhancing profitability for the LOBs under our remit. Key Responsibilities
- Become a subject matter expert on capital, balance sheet, funding and liquidity and understand how these financial constraints creates challenges/opportunities for the Equities and Prime franchises
- Analyze key financial metrics driving performance across different equity trading strategies and products
- Execute value-add FRM strategic initiatives which will enhance business profitability
- Develop new and improved reporting tools and analytics to improve FRM team capabilities
- Prepare material / presentations that report on FRM team insights and initiatives to senior management
- Assist with other ad-hoc strategic and business transformation projects
. Qualifications and Skills Required
- Understanding of accounting, balance sheet, funding and regulatory principles and their application
- Self-directed, highly motivated and able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure. Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to interact comfortably with a variety of businesses, management and control functions
- Strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience and/or awareness of market, credit and liquidity risk aspects of financial products in both cash & derivatives instruments is an advantage
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.