We are looking to recruit a CDO Deal Administrator for US Bank's European Corporate Trust business. (Collateralized Debt/Loan Obligations) The successful candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of CDO/CLO Deals and manage a range of tasks such as bond/loan settlements, cash reconciliations instructing payments and reflecting the trade positions on our system and will be the first point of contact for Trade and Cash related queries.
The role holder will be part of a specialist team and will be expected to exhibit team work, attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines, detailed technical knowledge with the ability to manage a heavy and varied work load.
You will be required to build and maintain effective relationships across the Bank and with external parties and stakeholders.
Principal accountabilities of Position
- Responsibility for a portfolio of CDO/CLO Deals
- Generate accurate Daily Cash Reports that reconcile asset payments and receivables on an Actual vs Expected model basis
- Investigate and resolve any breaks / discrepancies arising. Ability to resolve transactional and deal related issues
- Process CDO/CLO trades from trade ticket to settlement/payment request stage
- Receive Bond/Securities tickets and Loan Trade Documents from Clients, review for accuracy, complete relevant documentation and liaise with internal Operations Team’s to ensure they settle within agreed time scales in the market
- Liaise directly with Clients/Counterparties/Agent Banks and other departments for Bond/Loan related queries
- Settle Loan and Bond transactions on internal system
- Instruct external payments for their portfolio of trades. Review and approval sign off for colleagues payments
- Complete Ad hoc Tasks
Essential experience, skills and competencies:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Financial Services within a similar Ops role.
- Any working knowledge of CDO/CLO (Collateralized Debt/Loan Obligations) Products would be beneficial.
- Alternatively a background in fixed income operations / loan operations and settlements experience.
- Cash Reconciliations experience.
- Ability to operate within a busy Team Environment, build relationships across business lines, strong communications skills
- Ability to manage a heavy and varied workload while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet demanding and tight deadlines