FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
CASS Specialist VP
My client, an investment banking and financial services firm based in the city, are looking to recruit a CASS Specialist at a mid to senior VP level to join their CASS Assurance Team. You will cover a variety of tasks including CASS project work, building out the firms CASS controls, provide quality assurance and conducting BAU processes. Please note for this role I specifically need someone with proven CASS experience from a broker dealer / investment banking environment.
CASS Specialist VP
My client, an investment banking and financial services firm based in the city, are looking to recruit a CASS Specialist VP at a mid to senior VP level to join their CASS Assurance Team. The role will cover a variety of tasks including CASS project work, building out the firms CASS controls, provide quality assurance and conducting BAU processes. Please note for this role I specifically need someone with proven CASS experience from a broker dealer / investment banking environment.
The role sits within a specialist CASS Assurance Team responsible for the daily assessment and treatment of CASS exceptions together with the formulation of the Client Money requirement calculations for UK based company entities.
They also act as a QA function, enhancing controls along with full oversight & ownership of CASS processes in the business.
There a number of key initiatives in scope for this year, so the role will have lots of interesting elements.
* Support projects, take responsibility and produce high-level working documents.
* Support Compliance with responses to consultations and implement the necessary changes to CASS policies, procedures, process and systems.
* Support in the delivery of required regulatory changes projects or business initiatives in relation to CASS.
* Understand and challenge the business processes and controls and be able to document them back to the CASS rule book.
* Oversight of Operations teams performing CASS impacting functions, including reviewing processes and controls, undertaking QA, sample test and/or collate data in a timely fashion to ensure compliance with relevant FCA rulebooks (CASS, COBS, SYSC, etc.).
* Perform due diligence of client money banks and brokers including onsite visits where necessary.
* Provide Management Information to CASS stakeholders (e.g. CF10a, CASS Control and Compliance functions).
* Contribute to the delivery of timely and accurate reporting to regulators and the firm's board.
* Work with Operational Risk team to identify all Operational Risk considerations in relation to CASS and related functions/processes.
* Attendance at industry conferences/events, networking & roundtables in relation to CASS.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Comprehensive & technical knowledge & understanding of CASS rules and application/treatment in relation to CASS 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10 rule sets.
* A working & detailed knowledge/understanding of CASS rules and application and impact of Banking Exemption.
* Understanding of Settlement & Corp Action events in relation to MiFID ll eligible products and impact on treatment as Client Money events.
* Previous track record in process improvement with a view to developing/enhancing controls.
* Assertiveness: the candidate will be expected to challenge Operations & Business teams globally to obtain required data and/or information.
* Experience of producing MI, KPIs and reviews in accordance with SLAs.
* Presenting to senior management and stakeholders.
* Solid communication/Organisational skills - to work with local and remote Operations and Compliance/CASS Control stakeholders.
* Product knowledge of the Broker/Dealer business and Futures, Derivatives/Fixed Income and Equities spaces.
* Good Excel, Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint skills.
* May involve travel to the US.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 23 Apr 18