CASS Business Management Lead - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) in the UK is a business line of Societe Generale London Branch.
Services provided by SGSS to a diversified landscape of clients include:
- Global and domestic custody and trustee services
- Fund administration and asset servicing
- Liquidity and financial market services
- Clearing and settlement services
- Fund distribution
- Global issuer services
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in SGSS' strategic journey to extend its presence in the UK and this is a maternity cover role working with the senior leadership.
This opportunity will offer an unique opportunity to:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- work in a fast-moving, multi-cultural and innovative banking environment in the world's first Financial Centre
- get involved in international and large business and regulatory change initiatives and transformation programmes (new business offerings, and efficiency projects)
- get overall knowledge of Securities Services businesses to be able to understand Business priorities
- have great exposure at stakeholders level and interactions with various teams within Societe Generale across Europe
Summary of responsibilities
- Leading the CASS Business Management team during maternity cover
- Leading the oversight of the client assets and adequacy of systems and control to ensure compliance with the FCA CASS Sourcebook
- Assisting with the oversight of the operational effectiveness of that firm's systems and controls that are designed to achieve compliance with CASS
- Ensuring that actual and emerging operational, conduct and compliance risks are assessed and controls identified, documented and assured across internal Operations
- Ensure Management Team have up to date, accurate and detailed risk and control documentation to support the operation of Conduct operational, conduct and compliance risk assessments
- Supporting the execution of the control functions (e.g. annual CASS external Audit, Compliance Monitoring, etc)
- Leading the CASS Business Management team and managing up-to 3 FTEs
- Assisting with:
- CMAR (Client Money and Assets Return) production and submission to the FCA.
- CASS RP (Resolution Pack) oversight and administration.
- Daily/Monthly Management Information production, including Governance Committee MI.
- Control definition and monitoring.
- Policy and Procedure review and maintenance.
- Assist in ensuring complete and accurate reporting of the firms Client Asset requirements.
- Maintenance and development of controls for asset processes with particular focus on audit trail evidence for audit and regulators.
- Development of a working relationship with other departments, particularly Operations, Compliance, Risk, IT and Front Office.
- Escalation of issues and incidents to required bodies.
- The continued strengthening of processes and controls in the client asset area.
- Interaction and support of the internal and external audits.
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Act as a source of expert knowledge on FCA CASS for custody and operational related activities
- Accurate and high quality operational, conduct and compliance risk assessments
- It is expected that productive and enduring relationships will be formed with key individuals within the SGSS centres of excellence and client/prospect organisations
- Liaise with Operational teams
- Liaise with Compliance and other Support Functions teams (Legal, Internal Audit, Compliance Advisory, Compliance Monitoring, etc)
- Liaise with external auditors and other regulatory bodies
- SG individuals located across various offices (UK, France, India, etc)
- Liaise with external auditors
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
- Experience of working within a regulated background especially with CASS, COLL and FUND
- Strong understanding of the FCA's regulatory approach and principles of risk and compliance
- Level of experience within Operational Risk function
- Role holder must have unquestioned fitness and propriety, integrity
- Team management experience
- Senior stakeholder management experience
You will also need:
- Strong analytic skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent people skills, enabling you to build relationships within the team and with stakeholders across our business and beyond
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Good Microsoft skills an advantage
- Minimum 10 years experience at a top tier financial services organisation (custody, transfer agents, etc)
- Prior experience in leading a CASS Business Management function and applying CASS and others rules in a large business
- Previous experience working with CF10A
- Experience in Investment Risk or Operational Control would be a definite advantage
- Team leadership
Degree and / or relevant professional qualification and / or significant relevant consulting or industry experience Languages
- French knowledge is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 19000FB8
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019