CASS Business Management Analyst - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) is present in 29 locations worldwide with around 4,000 employees. SGSS provides financial institutions and brokers, asset managers and insurers, and businesses with a full range of securities services adapted to the latest financial market and regulatory trends: clearing services, custody & trustee services, retail custody services, liquidity management, fund administration & asset servicing, fund distribution and global issuer services.
SGSS/SBO is the department in charge of operating services for settlement, custody, corporate actions and tax and other operational services. It supports a wide set of business activities including Wealth Management, Broker Dealers and Fund Solution. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the Head of CASS Business Management the key objectives are:
Summary of responsibilities
- Assisting with the oversight of client assets and custody under the FCA CASS rules
- Assisting with the oversight of the operational effectiveness of the firm's systems and controls that are designed to achieve compliance with CASS and other rules
- Ensure Management Team have up to date, accurate and detailed risk and control documentation to support the operation of Conduct operational, conduct and compliance risk assessments
- Internal, external audit and compliance monitoring management and remediation.
- CASS RP (Resolution Pack) administration and review
- CASS breach review and escalation
- CMAR (Client Money and Assets Return) secondary checks
- Internal and external reconciliation review
- Risk and Control Mapping
- Daily/Monthly Management Information production, including Governance Committee MI
- Sub-custodian due diligence summaries
- Policy and Procedure review and maintenance
- The continued strengthening of processes and controls in the client asset area.
This opportunity may kick-start the candidate's career with an unique chance to:
- Work in a fast-moving, multi-cultural and innovative banking environment in the world's first Financial Centre
- Develop a strong working relationship with other departments, particularly Operations, Compliance, Risk, IT and Front Office.
- Have the opportunity deal with senior stakeholders mainly Head of Operations, Compliance Advisory, CF10a and internal audit
The primary focus of the role will be CASS but there will be an opportunity to widen the scope (e.g. COLL, FUND, etc) Level of Authority and Autonomy
High level of autonomy on recurring tasks.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
- Exposure to financial services and regulatory developments would be an advantage
- Can work autonomously
- Microsoft office expertise (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint)
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Team player and collaboration
- Organisational skills
- Pro -active
- Can work under pressure and to deadlines
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's makes us different. It's what make you different.
Job code: 1900047E
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019