Business Risk & Controls Officer - Real Assets
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will support the Business Risks & Controls Director in enabling business heads within Real Assets discharge their first-line risk management obligations in line with policy and regulation. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time.... Culture
Review trends in Risk Events in business unit, to feed into Risk & Controls Directors proposal of 'Tone from the Top' messaging from business head on Risk & Control. Operating Soundness
Operational Risk Management
- Reviews inventories/maps/KRIs that are impacted by Risk Events, Change Programmes or other events which may cause them to be updated and reissued - propose updates to inventory/map/KRI owners.
- Supports Business Risk & Controls Director in writing/reviewing select policies and procedures.
- Runs tracker or project management for controls remediation projects, as requested by Business Risk & Controls Director.
- Coordinates BCP and operational resilience exercises.
ie (Assessments (RCSA, Scenario Planning, Emerging Risk Analysis, Outsourcing Risk Analysis, Deep Dives), Trends (Risk Indicators, Risk Events, External Events), Findings (Business Risks & Controls testing, RCS assurance, Sox tests)
- Supports Business Risk & Controls Director in coordinating and performing risk assessment activities and risk control committee deep dives, prepares recommendations for presentation to BU head
- Ensures timely and accurate risk event recording and proposes escalation
- Oversees risk event action remediation
- Reviews risk trends and recommends actions
- Conducts risk-based testing at the direction of the Business Risk & Controls Director
- Supports Business Risk & Controls Director in coordinating responses to findings from Business Risk & Controls testing, RCS assurance or SOx testing)
e. BU control meeting / Risk Controls Committee
- Supports preparation of agenda/papers for Business control meeting
- Support preparation of updates for Risk Controls Committee where required for escalation purposes
Reviews internal and industry best practices, Risk/Compliance guidance, champions 2nd line Risk initiatives, makes recommendations to Business Risks & Controls Director. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have prior experience of....
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Risk/Control expertise: knowledge of current techniques in operational risk management, controls and operational soundness
- Analysis: ability to assess data points (eg. inherent risk, crystallised risk, emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance
- Testing: ability to test control design, effectiveness and evidencing
- Oversight: support Business Risk & Controls Director in oversight of unit deliverables with respect to the control environment
- Governance: ability to create targeted and high-quality papers for governance forums, working at the direction of the Business Risk & Controls Director
- Previous experience in operational risk, controls, business management or audit function from a property/infrastructure business.