Business Risk & Controls Director
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will advise and support business/functional heads for Global Operations & Investor Services (GOIS) in discharging their first-line risk management obligations in line with policy and regulation. You will be responsible for effective implementation of the GOIS Risk Programme Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
-Supports Business/Functional Head in developing their Risk-related Tone from the Top messaging by recommending/scripting messaging based on review of trends and issues. Inputs to objective setting and appraisals as they relate to risk and controls.
-Develop/own consistent format/approach to inventories, process maps, KRI's
-Writes/reviews select policies and procedures - coordinating with business/functional colleagues as required
-May track and own remediation projects (at request of BU/Functional head)
-Runs BCP exercises and is responsible for operational resilience for that area- coordinating with business/functional colleagues as required
Operational Risk Management ie (Assessments (RCSA, Scenario Planning, Emerging Risk Analysis, Outsourcing Risk Analysis, Deep Dives), Trends (Risk Indicators, Risk Events, External Events), Findings (RLO testing, RCS assurance, Sox tests)
-Coordinates and performs the risk assessment activities and RCC deep dives, presents recommendations to BU/Functional head
Coordinate and, working with functional RLO's and business owners, support, monitor and report on execution of functional risk based testing progamme. Present recommendations to functional and BU heads
-Escalates and ensures timely and accurate REV recording
-Oversees REV action remediation
-Reviews risk trends and recommends actions
-Designs/runs risk-based testing programme
-Oversees (and at request of business unit head) coordinates responses to findings from RLO testing, RCS assurance or SOX testing)
Governance ie. BU control meeting / RCC
-Prepares agenda/papers for Business/Function control meeting including proposing items for escalation
-Prepares updates for RCC where required for escalation purposes
-Assist Business Unit Head in preparing materials or preparing for discussions with boards and regulators
- Reviews internal and industry best practices, Risk/Compliance guidance, champions 2nd line Risk initiatives, makes recommendations to BU/Functional head
-Coordinates with other senior business and functional RLOs to ensure a consistent and coordinated level of service is provided to CTI EMEA and/or GOIS, mentors junior RLOs to develop their skill Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Risk/Control expertise: advanced knowledge of current techniques in operational risk management, controls and operational soundness, ability to review best practices within CTI and in the industry and make changes to the business unit/function risk positioning and, if needed, risk/control environment accordingly
- Leadership: ability to lead business unit/function with respect to operational risk management , controls and operational soundness
- Analysis: ability to assess multiple data points (inherent risk, crystallised risk, emerging risks, control effectivness) to develop an actionable plan for bringing the operational risk of the unit/function into tolerance
- Testing: knowledge of current techniques in control assurance, ability to devise testing programme and lead testers
- Oversight: ability to put in place oversight mechanisms, and oversee business unit/function deliverables with respect to the control environment are met timely and to quality
- Governance: ability to design governance framework that support Business Unit/Function head in understanding and actioning of key issues in the operational risk and control environment of their business; ability to propose and execute such escalations as are required
- Influence: able to influence senior management in the business unit/function to deliver on their operational risk responsibilities; able to champion, effectively, the success of 2nd line initiatives in their business unit
- Solid experience in audit function, operational risk, controls or business management
- Internal working relationships
- Experienece with business unit head and directs, with head of operational risk and RCS as required; with other RLOs across business units/functions
- External working relationships
- Membership of leading operational risk and controls organisations