Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Manage the AAF audit, liaising with risk and control owners, managers and Auditor’s to ensure a smooth and value adding audit.
• Maintain the Group’s Wind Down Plan.
• Maintain the COO office owned business policies.
You will also provide business risk and control management support to the COO office, including:
• Ensuring that the full population of key risks and controls is registered.
• Assisting with the documentation of key controls.
• Assisting with the identification of control evidence gaps and developing solutions to ensure controls are adequately evidenced.
• Producing risk and control MI and reporting for team heads and the COO office, which demonstrates control operation and effectiveness.
• Producing MI and reporting on the population of issues and actions and assisting managers with the closure of both.
• Act as Secretary to the Business Control Forum, which will be a key mechanism for managers to review and explain their risk and control population, control effectiveness, and the status of issues and actions, and to direct required efforts to resolve any delayed or at-risk items.
It is essential to be successful in this role you will have proven experience in a similar role within Financial Services. Strong experience in auditing, risk management, First Line control management, or an oversight function is a distinct advantage.
You will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to critically evaluate information and issues.
Good communication and influencing skills is key as is an ability to engage stakeholders at all levels and across disciplines.
It is expected you have strong written communication skills, including strong report and presentation writing.
Strong Power Point, Excel, and Word capability, and extensive experience in using risk and control systems, are required.
You should show a demonstrated ability to multi-task, to work independently and to work collaboratively with other teams.
A professional qualification an advantage.
We reward our employees with a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes physical health and financial wellbeing initiatives and family friendly policies, as well as Company support to make a difference to the charities that are important to them. We also offer a structured learning and development programme and sponsorship towards relevant qualifications. Our employee resource groups (including LGBT+ and Women in Technology), Sports and Social, Arts and Charity Committees also provide further support to our employees.
About the Company
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £42.7 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st December 2018).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Austria, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland and Spain.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground’s Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.