Business Risk Services - Risk Management - Senior Manager
Job Description Summary:
Grant Thornton's Business Risk Services (BRS) provides the advice necessary to help clients manage risk and improve their business performance. Our professionals can deliver objective, value-added solutions that will enable clients to strengthen internal controls and governance processes, implement sound organisational strategies, increase technological capabilities and improve their operational efficiency.
A Senior Manager will take ownership of allocated engagements in a way that exceeds client expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing employees. Job Description:
You will be a specialist within Risk Management focused but with a consulting background.
• develops new business and assists with closing sales opportunities
• helps to develop new products and services
• participates in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products, whilst pro actively identifying cross selling opportunities
• develop and maintain key internal and external contacts in the business and professional community
• leads proposals and participate in presentations and in delivering unfamiliar information to clients in a confident manner
• pursues potential opportunities for expanding the firms offerings and understands the firms position in the market and its competitive advantage
• build an area of expertise (e.g. technical, service line or practice development) to contribute to the development of the practice
• manages a portfolio of existing client relationships
• builds and maintains good working relationships with all clients
• interviews candidates for new positions and takes an active part in driving change strategies across the department and inspiring performance
• assist in staff development and write/input to all assignment appraisals. Take active involvement in correcting poor performance issues.
• coach and mentoring role for employees of all levels, ensuring team members are given tasks to assist in their development
• creates development opportunities for others and shares ideas for learning
• attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for CPD purposes and deliver training where appropriate
• adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures
• read appropriate sector/industry journals, reviews websites, to be aware of current issues and identify development opportunities for new products and services
• clearly articulates and applies the firm's vision and values and encourages others to apply them at work
Operations and results
• ensures assignments are appropriately risk managed, scheduled and resourced.
• ensures terms of reference and the audit planning document are agreed by the client prior to review commencing
• agrees budgets for review with partner and/or client
• reviews work programme to ensure alignment to terms of reference
• ensures effective team working and that all working to the firms methodologies, and that tasks are appropriately delegated and information to support key decisions is documented.
• reviews all working papers.
• provides feedback and coaching to team members based on review of work carried out and feedback received.
• ensures scope of review is being met.
• Draws outs and manages contentious issues and situations with the client to mutual satisfaction.
• attends close-out meetings with client and has a full understanding of issues discussed
• sets expectations for production of draft report to team. Ensure that the written work is of a high standard, addressing commercial issues and is well structured meeting the needs of the intended audience and requiring minimal Partner input.
• ensures appropriate updates to the 'Action Tracker' are processed.
• develops audit committee papers for presentation to the partner and in accordance to client timetable
• monitors work in capital for clients on a regular, e.g. monthly basis, and manages WIP, ensuring it is kept to a minimum level and minimising write-offs
• negotiates billing with clients
• monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate