Business Risk Group Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Business Risk Group Manager
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19011661
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
This role will be within the central PMO team, as part of the LIBOR Transition Program Team, located in 25 Canada Square in Canary Wharf, London.
Working as part of the BCS LIBOR Transition Program Team, the role will entail leading the PMO team and providing scrutiny and oversight of the ongoing LIBOR Transition Program.
The role will be to support the adoption of risk free rates and LIBOR transition globally and further developing our approach for all IBORS.
The role therefore has a critical part to play in ensuring best business practice, as well as satisfying the increasing focus of several regulatory bodies for whom LIBOR transition is a top priority.
This role is to be part of the BCS LIBOR Transition Program Team, reporting to the LIBOR Transition Program Lead.
LIBOR is entrenched and embedded in every aspect of financial markets and with uncertainty of LIBOR existing beyond end of 2021, developing a plan for orderly transition and risk mitigation is essential.
This role will focus on overseeing the transition plans and providing challenge and insights into program performance to senior stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing existing governance and ensuring adherence to Citi Program and Project Management procedures and control frameworks as well as continuously improve processes to ensure timely delivery against critical regulatory and program milestones, in line with industry best practices.
• Lead the PMO to ensure appropriate governance, reporting, planning and support services are provided across the LIBOR Transition Program
• Coordinate central program management and PMO processes across the LIBOR Transition program teams, ensuring adherence to the Citi Program and Project Management procedures and associated governance frameworks and tools in a consistent manner
• Assist in effective and timely delivery of critical program and regulatory milestones in line with industry best practices
• Manage and provide oversight to a team of 4 PMO team members to ensure that program goals and targets are met in a timely manner and to the required standards
• Raise program risks, issues and challenges in a timely manner and support the identification of mitigating solutions with relevant stakeholders.
• Pro-active tracking of program risks, issues, dependences and assumptions
• Management and supervision of the LIBOR Program Transition Plans, tracking against targets and escalating to Senior Governance forums and Program Sponsor/s
• Effective management of dependencies and deliverables across the LIBOR program teams, and monitoring that delivery requirements are met to the required standards and any changes processed in line with the change control process
• Development of informative reporting materials and provision of insights to senior management, including progress against plans and relevant performance metrics
• Support in coordinating the program working groups and any other relevant governance forums
• Facilitate relevant program management workshops, including planning / re-planning sessions across teams as required
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the program
• Manage the stakeholder engagement process effectively, including monitoring and reviewing stakeholder maps and engagement plans
• Support in tracking and monitoring program and workstream budgets as required
• This role plays a leading contribution to the strategic coordination and direction of Citi's LIBOR Transition plans. The role is global in nature and will entail developing relationships and working with senior stakeholders across multiple business and control functions.
• Extensive years relevant experience in leading a PMO team, preferably within finance / controls / regulatory related program roles
• Deep understanding of program management methodologies, frameworks, processes, tools and industry best practices
• Proven track record in embedding PMO methodologies across large scale complex programs and aligning senior stakeholders
• Excellent program planning and task management skills; capable of seeing the bigger picture as well as strong focus on day-to-day execution
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills; ability to develop stakeholder engagement plans and review and complete stakeholder maps
• Experience in managing junior PMO team members to deliver consistently across the program
• Experience in tracking and monitoring program budgets
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Working knowledge of LIBOR and its implications within the industry
• Experience of working with business stakeholders across multiple businesses, regions and support functions
• Strong project and program management skills; ability to balance short-term and medium-term remedial action
• Excellent program planning and task management skills and capable of keeping many different moving parts in view at once
• Ability to identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies across large scale complex global programs
• Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Tenacious hands-on problem-solving skills
• Educated to degree level with a classification of 2:1 or above in any discipline
• Recognised program/project management qualification such as PRINCE2, MSP etc
The successful candidate will need to have:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly organized and efficient at prioritising tasks
• Fast-thinking; nimble at joining the dots
• Quick learner
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually with minimal supervision
• Excellent Microsoft office skills and be an advanced user of MS Project, Visio and Excel
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer