10 Month Fixed Term Contract opportunity to join our Finance Change function here at M&G.
Working with M&G Plc as the Business Readiness Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. In this role you will be a pivotal part of our Finance Ambition programme for the implementation of our new strategic consolidation solution.
This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Tagetik solution for IFRS consolidation and UK GAAP sub-consolidation as well as delivering process change reporting for both M&G plc Group and solo entity reporting. Specifically, you will be responsible for driving and embedding change in the business, representing the needs of the consolidation and sub-consolidation teams to the programme.
This is a 10 month secondment/fixed term contract opportunity which will begin working remotely and then will be based between working from home and working from one of our offices in Edinburgh, Stirling or London.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Supporting the business readiness workstream to deliver programme objectives
- Gathering and evaluating business requirements in light of the scope of the project
- Supporting the business readiness lead in areas covering process and control changes
- Supporting the business readiness lead in organising and running workshops
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the business change is planned and delivered effectively and on time
- Acting as the interface between the Project Team and Finance teams to ensure successful implementation of business processes alongside the new Consolidation solution
- Working with finance function to understand how the changes impact the existing finance landscape
- Ensuring effective communications with all key stakeholders within and outside the core project team
- Supporting continuous improvement through routine and bespoke analyses
- Providing input into key programme activities such as UAT, learning requirements and enabling business readiness
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working on finance change projects with proven expertise to deliver large scale and complex improvement projects
- Experience of mapping and documenting business processes Knowledge of finance function operation within insurance
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting goals
- Be able to speak the language of the business whether its IFRS, UK GAAP or Solvency II Experience of developing strong working relationships and coordinating activities across distributed business areas (Financial Reporting, Accounting Production, Actuarial, Data)
- Demonstrable problem solving, negotiation and conflict management skills, ideally applied to delivering change initiatives
- Resilience and determination to succeed in the face of unforeseen challenges and be a team player
- Experience in delivering Consolidation and Solvency II reporting systems implementations, including design, data migration and test strategy (ideally Tagetik) is preferred
Recruiter Name: Emma Pryde
Closing Date: 14th June 2021