Business Manager (Equity Finance Group)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 22 Apr 19
The role is for a business manager, based in London, to support the business. The Business Management function is broad ranging and involves responsibility for the infrastructure and administration of the business. There is particular emphasis on strategy, budgeting, cost control, and risk and controls.
Overall purpose of role
The role is for a business manager, based in London, to support the business. The Business Management function is broad ranging and involves responsibility for the infrastructure and administration of the business. There is particular emphasis on strategy, budgeting, cost control, and risk and controls. The function involves constant liaison with, and often provides the link between, trading and IT, Product Control, Risk Control, Operations, Legal and Compliance, as well as working closely with Sales & Trading. As such, it is key to the smooth and efficient running of the business and touches the firm in most areas and at all levels.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Equity Financing Delta-1 Strategic business across Trading & Sales
- Business planning and monitoring support e.g. KPIs/Benchmarks, Revenue & Cost budgets & tracking, Cost reduction initiatives, etc.
- Coordinate/Collate materials for business updates & governance forums
- Be the Equities business face-off with Markets Risk and Control, Legal, Risk, HR, PCG, Audit, Compliance, BCM, and ORM teams, ensuring we operate an effective control environment for the Equities business
- Take front-to-back ownership in resolving operational issues and actions in relation to the Risk and Control environment (e.g. Ops Risk events / Trading errors, Trader Mandate exceptions, etc.)
- Provide support to Equities management in preparation for supervisory reviews, desk procedures, etc.
- Co-ordinate product Audits, Monitoring & Testing Reviews, Risk Control Self Assessments, Stress Testing planning exercises, Unauthorized Trading Reviews, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
- Support the Equities business in delivering change in-line with regulation/changing market environment (e.g. ERRP Programs, MIFID2, Structural Reform, Dodd-Frank, Volker, EMIR, Basel 3, CCAR, UCSM etc.) & platform upgrades & migrations
- Work with product teams and the broader BM team on business development initiatives including New Product approvals (NAPA), Payoff Change requests
- Ensure close connectivity and coordination with the Global Equities & Markets Business Management teams, allowing for co-ordination across joint initiatives
- Administration of approvals, expense management, market data, etc as appropriate
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The function involves constant liaison with, and provides the link between the Equities Business and infrastructure partners including IT, Product Control, MRC, CCO, Risk, Operations, Legal and Compliance, as well as working closely with Equities business functions including Sales, Trading and Research. As such, it is key to the smooth and efficient running of the business and touches the firm in most areas and at all levels.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The role involves working with the business and functions in identifying optimal solutions supporting decision-making on both day-to-day items as well as driving strategic initiatives.
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills - both presentation and conversational
- Knowledge of Equity Derivative trading platforms / operational flows and key control points
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail. Must work thoughtfully & logically
- Strong ability to multitask and take initiativeFamiliarity with the financial regulatory landscape (e.g. MIFID2, Dodd-Frank, Volker, EMIR, Basel 3, CCAR etc.) Tenacious & self motivatedMotivated to learn and proactively seeks responsibility
- High degree of numeracy
- Able to work in a pressured environment
- Experience of working collaboratively in a highly productive team
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- A degree in Finance, Business or Technical subject area. CPA/CFA qualifications preferred but not a must
- Experience in Project Management