Business Manager - Private Assets Sales
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Business Manager within Private Assets Sales to support our Global Co-Heads of Private Assets Distribution.
You will work closely alongside a number of teams including distribution, product, marketing, legal & compliance, and Schroders Capital investment teams on private-assets related functions. Areas you will cover: Campaign project management, sales data management, reporting to different internal stakeholder committees, involvement in new growth initiatives to drive Schroders Capital AUM and improvement of private assets distribution infrastructure.
You will have a strong track record in project or change management and ideally be fluent in another European language. Being a good communicator, quick learner and self motivated are also key attributes of this role.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You will be part of the global private assets distribution team, consisting of private assets sales specialists and country distribution teams, while also being part the broader Schroders Capital business.
Schroders has ambitious plans to grow its private assets AUM over the next 5 years from £66bln to £100bln. Private assets growth is a key strategic goal for Schroders senior management and is backed by rigorous board-level support. We are always looking for the right talent to expand our private assets franchise globally.
What you'll do
• Manage and analyse 'big data' relating to private assets campaigns, strategies and conversion metrics
• Ensure consistency and continuity of messages around private assets initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Dimension different views of the private assets fundraising pipeline by country, asset class and investor type, on an adhoc basis, including running weekly commentary for the Heads of PAS
• Improve efficiencies in PAS distribution reporting for internal facing committees and the Schroders board
• Demonstrate cross functional collaboration with other business functions (i.e. investment product, marketing) and Schroders' generalist distribution across multiple markets
• Liaise with product managers and distribution to ensure pipeline opportunities are correctly captured ahead of key fundraising deadlines
• Manage the PAS product toolkits, sales book and central management site to ensure all necessary collateral and sales aids across the PA product suits are fit for distribution purposes
• Contribute budget milestone reporting and capacity data to support the Schroders Capital asset raising strategy
• Take part in key strategic initiatives, as required at the Schroders Capital platform level
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in project or change management, sales support or consulting
• Track record in stakeholder management at different levels
• Experience in negotiating key commercial points
• Fluency in Salesforce, Tableau, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to effectively present and lead meetings
• Fluent written and spoken English, with another European language (ideally French or German is desirable)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Strong interest in private assets more generally and sales management
• Proactive drive to develop senior level business relationships
• Ability to convey complex data in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
• Ability to remain detail-oriented and creative even when the pace quickens
• Ability to work independently and take full ownership of projects, while also being a team player
• Understanding of private assets fundraising timetables and sales process dynamics
• Degree educated
What you'll be like
• A flexible, adaptable and collaborative team player with a positive and proactive attitude
• Willing to take on initiatives and put forward actionable solutions
• Commercially minded and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a high degree of personal and professional integrity
• Ability to bridge cultural barriers and create confidence and loyalty with colleagues and clients
• Ability to function in a large organisation with a matrix reporting structure
• Responsive customer-service orientated and focused on customer development
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.