Business Manager - Client Strategy
As a Barclays Business Manager-Client Strategy you will provide strategic, analytical, governance and administrative support to the Macro Sales & Trading management team. You will work on the trading floor and build strong relationships across desks and functions to support senior management in implementing strategic initiatives, global best practices, improved efficiency and reduction in costs. Your job will be challenging, varied and will offer exposure in the EMEA Emerging Markets business and the Global FXEM Markets franchise.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
• Leading the front-to-back implementation of Material Growth Initiative business build-out, partnering with infrastructure teams to drive change in the most effective manner
• Supporting the Emerging Markets Trading business in further developing revenue, profitability, efficiency and client franchise
• Analysing performance and generate presentations for senior management, regulators and other third parties
• Representing the business in meetings ensuring that you understand the detailed requirements to adequately meet the business needs
• Building relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, team members, technical experts and infrastructure partners
• Reviewing and understanding all aspects of business performance including revenue, brokerage, cost base, balance sheet, financial resources and risk
• Linking with desks and products to plan, manage and forecast business performance
• Ensuring operational risk events caused by the business are escalated and documented as required What we're looking for:
• Ability to interact confidently with senior management
• Understanding of how an investment bank works at an operational level, with emerging markets experience an advantage
• Organised approach to work with an ability to present complex subjects in an accessible manner Skills that will help you in the role:
• Project management experience and ability to coordinate inputs and opinions from different sources
• Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
• Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.