Business Manager – EMEA Fundamental Active Equity, Associate
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Fundamental Active Equity division manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. More than 15 investment teams—consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders—manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class.
The Business Management team in London supports the overall management of the FAE business, including strategic planning, budgeting, reviewing & improving business processes, supporting new products / instruments, liaising with technology & operations departments, and providing key management reporting to senior leadership.
The EMEA Business Manager is responsible for providing direct support to the EMEA FAE business across a range of strategic and tactical activities. The candidate will support execution of strategic initiatives, business planning, project management, talent initiatives and day-to-day operations. The role is a unique opportunity where an individual can develop their product and market experience, and progress their career within a Front Office business. The role also has the ability to develop key senior internal stakeholder relationships and build key partnerships, while contributing towards driving the FAE business forward.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting and business reviews (Creation of management, regulatory and board reporting)
- Manage and review delivery milestones of multiple projects/operational plans and provide status summary to senior management committee.
- Review project status and key metrics, escalate any challenges, resource constraints etc.
- Provide support for FAE Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Assist with financial planning (budgeting, forecasting, expense management, headcount tracking)
- Coordination of FAE leadership and research meetings including scheduling and preparing content.
- Assist with coordination of the FAE EMEA Graduate & Intern programmes
- Provide support for business continuity exercises (BCP), recovery strategies and other platform initiatives
- Coordination with Desktop Technology (FAE Dox website and shared drive), Space Planning and other business support teams on change management initiatives.
- Developing strong relationships with the various groups and teams, at local and global level as well as other country business managers if necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, confident to partner with employees both senior and junior across the business and firm and ability to understand and translate complex issues.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills including ability to function effectively within a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
- Possess the intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish his/her credibility with the senior managers and their teams
- Mature outlook with the ability to handle sensitive information in a discrete manner
- Strong networker and relationship builder with experience of collaborating and encouraging a diverse workforce
- High levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative with a commitment to excellence
- High attention to detail and affinity for data analysis
- A real team player who can cope with a truly fast pace with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence leadership team.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a world class business environment
- Interest in financial markets