Business Intelligence and Analytics Technical Architect (Qlikview) –Vice President (3101899)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
See job description for details
This position is the Technical Architect role in the QAPM / ETR Business Intelligence team within Plant Management, working across numerous key areas. The group is responsible for developing Tech for Tech reporting and analytics.
The team is seated in multiple locations around the globe and this role is central to the overall success of the practice. The successful candidate will be required to lead a team of 10+ developers in developing new Qlikview and Sense dashboards, as well as maintaining a suite of around 25 existing dashboards and a large Business Objects footprint.
- You will ensure that all developers are maintaining strong design and engineering standards, as well as coordinating central tasks such as support and housekeeping.
- You will also be required to stay informed of industry trends and new technologies being bought in to the Firm and understanding how to utilise new technology and contributing to the overall strategy for our tooling and platform will form a key part of this role.
- The role requires extensive interaction with Technology SMEs and senior managers to translate reporting requirements in to technical requirements, and tracking projects from inception to completion and BAU.
- You will often be working in new, niche and previously unreported areas, so the successful candidate will be required to learn quickly, have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be able to distil and communicate information effectively.
- Strong exposure to Qlikview Development (Qlikview 11+, Sense) or similar tool
- Experience working with Data Access, Analysis and Warehousing- Strong SQL, ETL
- Understanding of Statistical analysis
- ITIL Knowledge an advantage
- Financial services experience is preferred
- Qlikview certification is preferred
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1