This is a new position within a recently established Commercial Analytics team at one of the UK’s leading Investment Managers. The team will provide analytical support to the CEO and board members, primarily through interactive dashboards. This will include the proactive provision of potential business initiatives based on facts and evidence (market trends, competitor analysis etc) that align to and support our strategic roadmap. This will require coordination and control of data manipulation and translation across divisional siloes, dealing with key stakeholders across the organisation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support the business in evaluating investment and business opportunities.
- Supporting the business in delivery of its objectives and improvement in financial performance.
- Market and peer group analysis.
- Scanning the information of our peers, analysing the sales approaches and products to recommend changes required.
- Understanding of development, data modelling and ETL knowledge that includes Data warehouse Data Modelling, Star and Snowflake schema.
- Strong understanding of relevant technologies (Cube Design, SQL/MDX).
- Hands on experience querying MS-SQL 2008 and above, and DB2 databases.
- Data scoping.
- Design, development, testing and deployment of Tableau Dashboards.
- Structure ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions.
- Leverage advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, API, etc.) to create analytical dashboards.
- Responsible for quality assurance of new reports and dashboards to ensure business needs have been met.
- Assist in the preparation of client reports as necessary subject to qualifications and relevant experience.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree / postgraduate level.
- Relevant technical IT qualifications, or proven practical learned skills.
- 2+ years of experience with database queries and report and dashboard creation, preferably in a similar role within financial services (FCA) governance environment.
- 2+ years developing executive level and operational dashboards using tools such as Tableau, COGNOS, Business Objects or 3+ years working in a CRM delivery role.
- Demonstrated ability to take detailed requirements and convert into actionable documents.
- Strong background in all aspects of database technology.
- Relevant Wealth Management market / sector knowledge.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Previous experience with client segmentation strategy preferred.
- Experience with client engagement and communications.
- Proven experience eliciting requirements and providing project documentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced).
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases.
- Experience with Tableau (or similar tools) preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to work directly with internal departments towards issue resolution.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine ‘big picture’ implications required.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of the commercial P&L drivers of a wealth management firm.
- Advocate for best practice analytics, ensuring the “one version of the truth” mantra is adhered to.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Contribute to organisational environment that supports strong teamwork.
- Proactive approach with the ability to challenge the status quo and to contribute towards delivery of the business strategic plan.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Operate a methodical and organised approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Remain resilient and calm under pressure.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation working sessions to fully understand and advocate for solutions that meet current and future business needs.
- Gather report requirements from clients across the business to make sure they satisfy their needs and help them make strategic decisions.
- Ability to document user requirements into a well-structured specification.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Partner with front office teams to ensure business needs are accurately represented in solution delivery.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provide creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate in business terms with business leadership, IT terms with IT partners, and partner with Data owners to ensure data integrity from source system to report output.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.