Business Intelligence Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to join the Advertising Sales Finance team. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with Finance and Business leaders to expand and optimize weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the Ads Sales Finance group and our stakeholders. The candidate should enjoy diving into data and recommending and implementing solutions to facilitate financial and metrics reporting.
• Size, scope, build and maintain metrics and queries for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to team and stakeholders to manage business and make effective decisions.
• Partner with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
• Continuously test and improve predictive models with new data inputs.
• Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis and reporting requirements.
• Proactively and independently work with stakeholders to construct use cases and associated standardized outputs.
• Scale data processes and reports; write queries that stakeholders can update themselves or can be automated.
• Have a working knowledge of the data available or needed by the wider business for more complex or comparative analysis and the ability to work with a variety of different data sources.
• Retrieve data using efficient query development that requires less post processing as well as using sources to validate data.
• Optimizing source data to maximize reporting automation.
• Identify and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field; or equivalent experience
• Proven experience with SQL, Excel
• Business Intelligence experience working with Data Warehouse (e.g.: Redshift, AWS) solutions and large data sets to be able to source data from various locations
• Previous experience with reporting and visualization using Tableau, Cognos cubes or other OLAP cube/data visualization and reporting package
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's in computer science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field; or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
• Proven ability to understand and communicate issues at multiple levels, from validating and correcting junior staff detailed work to explaining the implications of analysis results to executives
• Previous experience working in the areas of inferential statistics, machine learning and predictive modeling