Business Finance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
We are looking for x2 Business Analyst's to review Review of GB&M balance sheet and current model.
In recent years the banking industry has evolved dramatically, driven by changes in business and economic environment, in legislation, in competitive pressures and in enabling technologies. The Finance team need to anticipate and meet changing needs of our clients and estimate, review and monitor risk and compliance against the back-drop of more stringent capital requirements. A clear understanding of key performance indicators and best practices for decision making is critical to enable us to manage client preferences, investment, risk and regulation which, in turn, improve business performance and profitability.
The role requires
- Reviewing booking model with the aim of further simplification, reducing intra-group exposures and simplifying the structure for recovery and resolution planning.
- The role of the team is demanding in terms of the breadth of stakeholders and the dynamic nature of the business itself. In addition to controllership, accuracy and diligence, the team also needs to be positioned to understand the business and perform detailed analysis.
- Understand the dynamics of the businesses, in order to be able to model different booking scenarios.
- Support senior decision making by delivering financial and non-financial business analytics to support these scenarios.
- Ad hoc support, analysis and other input required in respect to these business initiatives impacting the regional and entity-level business model.
- Challenge and evolve current practice to fit changing business needs.
Education & Experience
- Experience in FP&A and/or Decision Support roles, with evidence of managing multiple ad hoc deliverables, and adapting to different demands on a regular basis.
- Ability to model
- Accounting qualification useful, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Knowledge of TM1 would be preferred.