Business Development Services Specialist (RFP)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Services Specialist to work in global marketing within the Business Development Services team. We want someone specialised in Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions to prepare accurate first drafts and polished final, compliant Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and related materials that supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to work consistently, diligently and well under pressure, in a collegiate, open and co-operative way.
You will receive training, ongoing guidance and support from the team. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate professional behaviours and a "can-do attitude", and maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others. Company Overview
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £470.5 billion (€531.7 billion/$583.4 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,000 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business which is managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests
*Source: Schroders, all data as at 31 March 2020.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroderstalkingpoint.com Team Overview
The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Institutional, Intermediary, Insurance and Financial Institution clients and Consumer audiences. Marketing activities include RFPs, due diligence, events, literature, presentations, digital, PR and advertising. Overview of Role
Positioned within global marketing, the Business Development Services team supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. The team covers Institutional and Intermediary channels across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The role holder will specialise in responding to requests across Schroders' Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions product offerings. The candidate will work in close collaboration with Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions Product, Distribution and Sales teams to produce professional, customised high quality and timely proposals in response to RFP/RFI requests from prospective and existing clients.
The individual will be required to produce first class, timely, professional output that will continue to build Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across Schroders.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity.
The role holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team's current procedures, FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind 'Treating Customers Fairly' and 'Conduct Risk'. Key Responsibilities
• Produce high quality, client focused, accurate and compliant Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions RFPs, RFIs, DDQs within the agreed deliverable timeframe, adhering to relevant rules and guidelines. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client's requirements.
• Support business growth from prospective clients as well as continued servicing of existing clients. This may include the bespoke customisation of the Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions products key objectives and strategic capabilities into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
• Project manage the co-ordination and assume end-to-end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery. Ensure submissions are completed within specified deadlines, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
• Liaise with Product, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain accurate information and prepare detailed proposal content.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and an ability to work in a co-operative, consistent, diligent and efficient manner - at times under pressure.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during busy periods.
• Contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Undertake compliance checks for other team members when required.
• Where appropriate, attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge.
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the Business Development Services process manual.
• Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), ensuring the content is current, relevant and accurate.
• Participation in ad hoc projects as assigned.
Person Profile Knowled ge & experience:
• Candidates should have a Financial or Asset Management background with experience in an RFP role.
• Experience in relation to Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions products is desirable.
• Strong team player, with the ability to mange multiple assignments effectively, use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
• Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous.
• Team player.
• Efficient project management skills and well organised proactive approach.
• Strong numeracy and literacy.
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or have equivalent working experience).
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word).
• Language skills an advantage
• IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.