Business Development Services Specialist
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £602.4 billion (₠701.7 billion/$832.2 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,000 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business which is managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Institutional, Intermediary, Insurance and Financial Institution clients and Consumer audiences. Marketing activities include RFPs, due diligence, events, literature, presentations, digital, PR and advertising.
Overview of Role
Positioned within global marketing, the Business Development Services team supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. The team covers Institutional and Intermediary channels across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Business Development Services Specialist, reporting into the Business Development Services Manager, will specialise in Schroders' Equities product offerings. The candidate will work in close collaboration with Equity Product teams around the world, Distribution and Sales teams to produce professional, customised high quality and timely proposals in response to RFP/RFI and due diligence requests from prospective and existing clients.
The Business Development Services Specialist will assist the team by supporting other team members in their work, providing compliance reviews and where required data reviews for other team members.
The Business Development Services Specialist will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity and a strong commitment to build on Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across the business.
The role holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team's current procedures, FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind 'Treating Customers Fairly' and 'Conduct Risk'.
• Produce high quality, client focused, accurate and compliant RFPs, RFIs, DDQs within the agreed deliverable timeframe, adhering to relevant rules and guidelines. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client's requirements. Develop key messages into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
• Project manage the co-ordination and assume end-to-end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery. Ensure submissions are completed within specified deadlines, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
• Liaise with Product, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain the right information and prepare detailed proposal content.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and an ability to work in a co-operative, consistent, diligent and efficient manner - at times under pressure.
• Implement the team's best practice proposal process in each submission, applying it appropriately depending on the complexity of the individual submission.
• Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), including identifying new or updated content to be included on a timely basis.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during busy periods.
• Participation in ad hoc projects as assigned or contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Undertake compliance checks for other team members when required.
• Where appropriate, attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and a "can do attitude". Maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others in a cohesive team environment.
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and team procedures.
Knowledge & experience:
• Demonstrated asset management proposal experience. Additional general financial services or asset management industry experience is desirable.
• Detailed understanding of asset management, and institutional and intermediary channels.
• Experience in relation to Equity products is a requirement.
• Experience liaising with investment specialists, sales and client service; as well as clients and third parties as required.
• Strong team player, with the ability to mange multiple assignments effectively, use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of seniority and across multiple cultures.
• Ability to provide guidance and support for the development of their colleagues.
• Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous.
• Team player
• Efficient project management skills and well organised proactive approach
• IMC (or equivalent)
• Experience using Qvidian database (or equivalent)
• Proactive approach to tasks
• Strong numeracy and literacy
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Efficient and well-organised
• Good interpersonal skills
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Language skills an advantage
• CFA Level I (or at least the ambition to do so) or post-graduate in business or finance
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.