Business Development Services Specialist- Equities
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Business Services Specialist to produce high quality, client focused, accurate and compliant Equity RFPs, RFIs, DDQs with an interest in Equities.
We want someone who can prioritise and manage multiple projects under pressure, often to a tight deadline who is focused and driven to look for continuous improvement.
The team is busy so a 'hands-on' and 'can-do' professional attitude with a strong work ethic is essential.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre.
Positioned within Global Marketing, the Business Development Services team contributes to Schroders' business generation, continued servicing and retention of existing clients by effectively completing Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and Surveys across the full range of Schroders' investment capabilities. The team covers Institutional and Intermediary channels, including wholesale clients via platforms and distributors across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Business Development Services Specialist, reporting into the Business Development Services Manager, will specialise in Schroders' Equity product offerings. The job holder will work in close collaboration with Equity Product, Distribution and Sales teams to produce professional, customised high quality and timely proposals in response to RFP/RFI requests from prospective and existing clients.
The Business Development Services Specialist will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity and a strong commitment to build on Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across the business.
What you'll do
• Produce high quality, client focused, accurate and compliant Equity RFPs, RFIs, DDQs within the agreed deliverable timeframe, adhering to relevant rules and guidelines. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client's requirements.
• Support business growth from prospective clients as well as continued servicing of existing clients. This may include the bespoke customisation of the Equity products key objectives and strategic capabilities into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
• Project manage the co-ordination and assume end-to-end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery. Ensure submissions are completed within specified deadlines, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
• Liaise with Product, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain accurate information and prepare detailed proposal content.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and an ability to work in a co-operative, consistent, diligent and efficient manner - at times under pressure.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during busy periods.
• Contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Undertake compliance checks for other team members when required.
• Where appropriate, attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge.
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the Business Development Services process manual.
• Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), ensuring the content is current, relevant and accurate.
• Participation in ad hoc projects as assigned.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Candidates should have a Financial or Asset Management background with 2 years experience in an RFP role.
• Strong team player, with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively, use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Efficient project management skills and well organised proactive approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Strong numeracy and literacy
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in relation to equity products is desirable.
• Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous
• Language skills an advantage
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or have equivalent working experience)
• IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)
What you'll be like
• Motivated, committed and enthusiastic
• Ability to prioritise, and work effectively under pressure.
• Uses initiative to solve problems.
• Able to work collaboratively across teams.
• Focused on continuous improvement, quality and delivery.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.