Business Development Manager, Primary Markets, Africa, Middle East and India
The Equity Primary Markets team is responsible for:
- Attracting companies on a Global basis to list and trade their equity securities (or certificates) on London Stock Exchange markets
- Managing and supporting the community of c.2,500 listed issuers on the LSE.
- Building and strengthening relations with key stakeholder groups and influencers that support London's capital markets, including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, private equity, venture capital, investment banks, law firms, audit firms and PR advisers.
- Maintaining and further enhancing LSE's markets to ensure we provide companies seeking admission to the London Stock Exchange with an industry leading client experience and journey
- This full time, London-based position will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to play an important role in attracting companies to London Stock Exchange's markets, which include Main Market, AIM and High Growth Segment (HGS).
- The role will include specific responsibility for managing a client portfolio of companies, private equity funds, VC funds and capital market advisers.
- The role will be focused on attracting issuers from Africa, Middle East & India to list on the London Stock Exchange and the successful candidate will report into the Head of the region for Primary Markets (who is based in Dubai, UAE)
- We would expect Africa focused business development activities to represent 50-60% of time dedicated to the region on the part of the successful applicant
- Build and manage a portfolio of company leads (Main Market, HGS & AIM), establishing and maintaining relationships at owner (founder or institutional shareholder as the case may be), executive management and board level, utilising cost and time efficient communication channels.
- Implement client communication and contact plan to potential IPO candidates and existing issuers, including members of the advisory and investor community.
- Develop an understanding of the clients, the key contacts and review their economic potential on a regular basis.
- Focus on business development activities through the development and participation at a range of events. Represent LSEG by speaking at seminars, conferences and other client forums in order to promote LSEG and develop new client relationships.
- Develop a strategic understanding of clients' business/sector and their requirements. Ensure this is fed back to in-house product and service teams on a timely basis.
- Build constructive and proactive relationships with other client facing Exchange departments in order to maximise interdepartmental cooperation.
- Integrate business development plans with colleagues in fixed income and funds primary markets teams
- Work effectively with other internal staff on key Exchange projects to develop the business.
- Contribute to the definition of Capital Markets' marketing strategy and help to define targeted marketing & digital campaigns to achieve specific objectives across Africa, Middle East & India.
- Prioritises business development and marketing activities according to business and operational need and work with marketing team to coordinate and deliver specific marketing campaigns across Africa, Middle East & India.
Communications & impact
- Regularly communicates and shares information openly and honestly
- Prepares high quality communications that are well structured, persuasive and concise.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise to have credibility with colleagues and clients
- Manages expectations, maintains regular contact with colleagues to keep them informed and updated on progress, issues and timetables and escalates issues early.
Analysis and problem solving:
- Analyses issues to identify the most commercial, realistic and pragmatic solutions
- Assimilates information and identifies the pertinent points quickly
- Demonstrates knowledge of external challenges, opportunities and threats facing the business
Delivery - demonstrating the drive and energy to achieve our goals:
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Committed to high standards of excellence; sets rigorous and stretching targets
- Prioritises according to business goals and manages conflicts to ensure delivery
- A flexible yet persistent approach and able to work to tight deadlines
- Has a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Carries out work without prompting or close supervision and able to self-manage workload
- Will have experience in and proven relationships at corporate and founder / institutional shareholder level across the region, with a preference for evidence of such relationships in Africa
- Ideally, will have experience in equity capital markets and a good understanding of LSEG's core markets and business areas with a Professional Qualification preferred.
- Demonstrating a passion for capital markets and for working in a market infrastructure business environment
- Proven success in a relationship management or business development role or able to provide evidence of the ability to do so.
- Able to create rapport with senior executives across a wide range of corporates/advisors in both formal and informal environments.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of client business both from a commercial and strategic perspective.
- Experienced public speaker able to present to small and large groups of company directors, advisors and investors.
- Willing to travel extensively across the Africa, Middle East & India region on a regular basis.
- Show flexibility in relation to working hours.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee's potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice
carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.