An award-winning venture capital and private equity firm are looking for a business development manager to join this growing firm. This firm is looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail, working with the marketing team, but also all areas of the business to deliver first-class service to private wealth, financial advisers and institutions.
The firm is a Mayfair based specialist in creating and managing venture capital and private equity funds for individuals. It offers individual investors the opportunity to invest in small, established UK companies via the tax-efficient Enterprise Investment Scheme and Venture Capital Trust scheme. A pioneer in its field, the firm has an excellent reputation and strong investor following
This role is an External Business Development Manager, which involves maximizing inflows for the firm, developing new accounts whilst maintaining and growing the level of support received from existing supporters.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Looking after the Midlands region - birmingham, nottingham, derby, leicester, milton keynes, northampton.
- Can be London based and travel or live locally.
- Set high performing targets to achieve shared goals of the business
- Generating sales and opportunities and demonstrating ability to add value through ongoing client support
- Building relationships with HNWs, financial advisers, wealth planner and private wealth firms, conducting meetings and producing a pipeline of sales
- Creating and executing business plans in line with the business strategy
- Contacting customers and presenting on the current product, and fund offerings
- Excellent communications skills
- IT Literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft
- Good presentational and negotiating skills
- Goal and customer-orientation
- Ability to individually relate and respond to each customer's demands
Qualifications and Experience Requirement:
• Minimum 5+ years sales experience in financial services, ideally intermediary sales
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the retail sales process
• Practical experience in a similar position advantageous