Business Development Manager - Real Estate Advisory
- Competitive Salary + bonus + share options
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Apr 19
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with 5-8 years of experience in real estate advisory or investment banking. This role would suit someone from the Big Four (or equivalent) with experience in the real estate advisory team. The successful candidate will have strong understanding of the real estate market and it´s key players. This candidate will have an appreciation for developing, driving, and delivering on a repeatable sales process.
Who we are
BrickVest is a fully regulated global property investment platform connecting European investors with global real estate investment opportunities.
As part of a small, dynamic and fast-paced team, you will have exposure to many parts of the business. This is a unique opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial drive looking to join a fast-growing fintech company. We’re an international company comprising of more than 10 nationalities.
The founding team is made up of highly successful investment banking, private equity and technology entrepreneurs. BrickVest is backed by high profile and institutional top tier banks as Lead Investors and partners. We only hire team members who we think are masters of their field, motivated and fun to work with.
Focus of the role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with 5-8 years of experience in real estate advisory or investment banking. This role would suit someone from the Big Four (or equivalent) with experience in the real estate advisory team.
The successful candidate will have strong understanding of the real estate market and it´s key players. This candidate will have an appreciation for developing, driving, and delivering on a repeatable sales process.
The role will be an opportunity to take the next step in career – being responsible for the development and distribution of new real estate services / products provided by BrickVest to its client base.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and Designing the active sales process of BrickVest offerings to Investors and Deal Sponsors
- Build new and manage existing relationships with deal sponsors and investors (with focus on Germany and UK)
- Source real estate investment opportunities
- Contribute to qualitative and quantitative due diligence on potential investment opportunities
- Further develop our investment platforms (Equity, Mezzanine and Debt) to increase User Experience and the efficiency of the online process for investors and sponsors
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, including sales, investments, and marketing, to achieve common goals
We think you’ll need the following required and skills to be successful in the role:
- A master degree from a good university is essential and a MSc or MBA from reputable program or institution is a bonus
- At least 5 years’ experience in investment banking, corporate finance, investment management or consulting
- A strong network within the real estate sector is essential
- Real estate experience is a must – we are looking for someone with a strong understanding of real estate financial & investment service industry and its players
- Previous experience using Salesforce (is a bonus)
- You must have strong numeracy skills, data production and manipulation – advanced Excel modelling capabilities is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills, English fluency required, another European language proficiency advantageous.
- Very good organizational skills
- Very strong entrepreneurial Mind set is a must to be successful
- The ability to work with employees of all levels and stakeholders
- An interest in working and growing professionally within an exciting, fast-growing and entrepreneurial business, with the ability to adapt quickly in this environment
- Be excited about building a new, industry defining service
In return for your hard work and commitment, you can expect the following:
- Competitive salary + bonus + share options
- The opportunity to be an entrepreneur within an already established and successful Start-Up
- The ability to acquire skills that you most likely would have never learned at traditional companies (or at least at a much later stage)
- Being able to make a significant contribution to shape the real estate financial industry
- Never being bored and constantly challenged since we are exploring fields where no one in our industry so far has been
And the perks of course...
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 8% pension contribution
- Fully comprehensive private medical insurance from Cigna
- Group income protection
- Generous CPD budget/Training allowance + 5 paid training days per year
- Free eye test voucher incl. £45 towards the cost of prescription glasses from Vision Express
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Headspace subscription to support mindfulness
- Membership for the Barbican or National Art Pass
- Access to networking events and training days with CISI, AREF and INREV
- Free fruit and snacks
- And the opportunity to be part of a fast growing proptech fintech business where you can develop and grow your skills very quickly.
BrickVest is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.