Business Development Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Business Development Manager
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Retail team within International Advisory Services in London.
What is the Retail group responsible for?
Our Retail group are responsible for building strong relationships, and ultimately sales, from a panel of stockbrokers, wealth managers, fund of fund managers, family offices and IFAs in London. Working closely with the Head of Retail Sales your main focus will be to contribute to broadening the firm's sales reach within its target markets and create further opportunities within our established clients.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Business Development Manager?
• Promote our products (UK OEIC and Luxembourg SICAV) to external contacts through meetings and by working with third parties
• Collaborate with the wider Retail Sales team; including, marketing, PR, sales support, product specialists and portfolio managers to ensure comprehensive, consistent and effective coverage of the target market
• Maintain and ensure a high degree of accuracy of prospect information and sales activity on the CRM system
• Demonstrate initiative in the effort to develop and improve sales and marketing materials (i.e. pitch books, presentations and other sales materials)
• Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Ideally IMC or equivalent qualified
• Deep knowledge of the UK Retail Market and investment markets
• Comfortable with providing and explaining analysis to clients and answer any queries
• Previous experience of selling to Retail clients such as panel stockbrokers, wealth managers, fund of fund managers, family offices and IFAs
• Strong track record in sales within the region, preferably with Discretionary clients
• Excellent relationship management and presentation skills
• Motivated self-starter, well organised and excellent communication skills
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.