Business Development, Investible Indices & Advisory Solutions EMEA, VP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
State Street Purpose of Role: State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationship with clients. Through information and insights investment analytics and data solutions our goal is to help our clients zeroState Street
Purpose of Role:
State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationship with clients. Through information and insights investment analytics and data solutions our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
SSGX’s Innovation and Advisory Solutions (IAS) team in EMEA seeks a London-based Vice President of Business Development to play a key role in supporting the growth of its Investible Indices and Advisory Solutions business. The selected candidate will drive our efforts to solicit new business and clients for our suite of Investible Indices and Advisory products.
- Investible Indices: Combined with novel risk management & portfolio construction methodologies from State Street Associates’ partnership with academia SSGX develops and licenses rule-based investible indices using robust and differentiated datasets from traditional and Big Data sources.
- Advisory Solutions: In addition we leverage our 17-year track-record in servicing investment teams across a broad spectrum of institutional investors (including sovereign wealth funds public and private pension funds insurers asset managers and hedge funds) to offer a range of portfolio and risk advisory services designed to assist investors with key decision points in the portfolio life-cycle. These include strategic asset allocation manager evaluation optimal currency hedging dynamic asset allocation and downside protection strategy design amongst others.
- The candidate should possess a combination of analytical sales marketing and communications skills necessary to present distil and convey complex ideas across a range of media to internal groups and sophisticated clients.
- The candidate will primarily interact with SSGX UK Ltd SSGMIL SSGX Gmbh and SSBTC (Boston).
Prospecting (40% time allocation):
- Conduct market analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape as well as the target market for each product.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline and produce regularly updated closing date & revenue forecasts for all live opportunities.
- Conduct requirements elicitation through prospect interactions and relay feedback to product development teams and business management.
Sales & Marketing (50% time allocation):
- Achieve assigned targets for new revenue and number of client/prospect meetings.
- Design and execute systematic sales campaigns for each product and jurisdiction within her/his remit.
- Source and develop relationships within asset managers structuring desks and asset owner client segments.
- Play a primary role in helping design and develop marketing collateral to support business development activities.
- Prepare conduct and follow-up on client meetings roadshows presentations sales pitches in order to successful convert qualified opportunities into closed deals.
- Ensure timely communication of appropriate events and opportunities to internal groups.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within IAS business as well as partners in support functions such as legal finance compliance billing to ensure efficient client on-boarding.
- Coordinate with business development colleagues in other regions and business lines as required.
Administration (10% time allocation):
- Manage client meeting schedules and ensure all opportunities RFP/Discussion documents events and sponsorships are reviewed prepared and circulated with action points.
- Ensure that all meeting notes are logged along with any required follow ups and that the pipeline is reconciled with State Street's CRM system.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education
- Degree in business finance or other related disciplines (preference for candidates with post-graduate qualifications including CFA charter holders).
- Demonstrated track record with 5+ years in a sales & relationship management or business development role in the financial services industry (index products/research experience preferred).
- Extensive experience selling to one or more of the following client segments in EMEA: asset managers asset owners and structuring desks combined with a thorough understanding of issues surrounding risk and return important to institutional investors.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop deep understanding of IAS’s/State Street’s research value proposition and potential to help our clients succeed. This understanding will be necessary to assist with suggestions for new products to help penetrate new markets and be an active participant in solutions conversations.
- Superior internal and external relationship management skills and ability to liaise effectively with all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail. Bi-lingual/multi-lingual communication skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and PowerPoint is required; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Advanced project management skills to prioritize and tackle multiple prospects simultaneously.
- Results orientated team player who will work with other IAS colleagues and Sector Solutions to help win and retain business and to help identify areas of opportunity for the group.