Business Development, Information Solutions EMEA, Vice President
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
State Street State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationship with clients. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on theState Street
State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationship with clients. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
SSGX’s Innovation and Advisory Solutions (IAS) team in EMEA seeks a London-based Vice President of Business Development to play a key role in supporting the growth of its Information Solutions business. The selected candidate will drive our efforts to solicit new business and clients for our suite of Information Solutions products. Combined with insights from State Street Associates’ partnership with academia, SSGX develops information solutions using robust and differentiated datasets from traditional and Big Data sources. Products in this suite include, amongst others:
• MKT MediaStats, built using over 25,000 distinct media sources, to derive a wide variety of indications of market behaviour, such as sentiment, price movements, risk, and liquidity of individual assets; along with EPTech earnings prediction signals derived from a proprietary combination of structured and unstructured data sources; offer asset managers unique and differentiated sources of alpha.
• Quantextual Idea Lab, which combines the quantitative power of machine learning with the context human knowledge provides. As part of the next generation of intelligent client solutions introduced by State Street Global ExchangeSM, Quantextual Idea Lab can help clients quickly synthesize the research they need to fuel effective investment strategies.
• SSGX Private Equity Index, an established source of private equity performance analysis, and offering a broad range of fund coverage going back more than 30 years. Built using our experience representing more than $2.4 trillion of private equity commitments and more than 2,500 unique funds (as of March 31, 2016), we’ve designed our index based on directly-sourced limited partnership data. It provides accurate representation of private equity investment and performance in a variety of categories, for the use of both asset owners and asset managers.
The candidate should possess a combination of analytical, sales, marketing, and communications skills necessary to present, distil and convey complex ideas across a range of media to internal groups and sophisticated clients. The selected candidate responsibilities will include:
- Conduct market analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape as well as the target market for each product.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline, and produce regularly updated closing date & revenue forecasts for all live opportunities.
- Conduct requirements elicitation through prospect interactions and relay feedback to product development teams and business management.
Sales & Marketing:
- Achieve assigned targets for new revenue and number of client/prospect meetings.
- Design and execute systematic sales campaigns for each product and jurisdiction within her/his remit.
- Source and develop relationships within hedge fund, asset manager and asset owner client segments.
- Play a primary role in helping design and develop marketing collateral to support business development activities.
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on client meetings, roadshows, presentations, sales pitches, in order to successful convert qualified opportunities into closed deals. Ensure timely communication of appropriate events and opportunities to internal groups.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within IAS business as well as partners in support functions such as legal, finance, compliance, billing to ensure efficient client on-boarding.
- Coordinate with business development colleagues in other regions and business lines as required.
- Manage client meeting schedules and ensure all opportunities, RFP/Discussion documents, events and sponsorships are reviewed, prepared and circulated with action points.
- Ensure that all meeting notes are logged along with any required follow ups.
- Ensure the pipeline is reconciled with State Street's CRM system.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in business, finance or other related disciplines (preference for candidates with post-graduate qualifications, including CFA charter holders).
- Demonstrated track record in a sales & relationship management or business development role in the financial services industry (research/data/index products experience preferred).
- Extensive experience selling to one or more of the following client segments in EMEA: hedge funds, asset managers, asset owners, combined with a thorough understanding of issues surrounding risk and return important to institutional investors.
- Ability to develop deep understanding of IAS’s/State Street’s research, value proposition, and potential to help our clients succeed. This understanding will be necessary to assist with suggestions for new products, to help penetrate new markets, and be an active participant in solutions conversations.
- Superior internal and external relationship management skills and ability to liaise effectively with all levels of seniority.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail. Bi-lingual/multi-lingual communication skills are a plus.
- Ability to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Advanced project management skills to prioritize and tackle multiple prospects simultaneously.
- Results orientated team player who will work with other IAS colleagues, and Sector Solutions to help win and retain business, and to help identify areas of opportunity for the group.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, is required; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Willingness to travel for business as required.