The firm is looking to hire an experienced Business Development Executive who will have primary responsibility for growing the firm’s asset base. The position will report directly into the Founder/CIO and one of the Senior Partners within the firm. You will play a key role in building upon and maintaining the existing client base. The position will be London-based with some international travel. This firm seeks an open-minded, intellectually curious and motivated colleague, capable of working independently and as part of a team. They value life and work experience and recognize the benefit of differing perspectives, from all backgrounds.
The position will have the following key responsibilities:
- 7+ yrs of relevant experience
- Take charge of all business development activities for the fund and related vehicles.
- Contribute to the fundraising strategy, targeting investors in the charities, family office, UHNWI and institutional segments.
- Build out a pipeline, convert existing leads into new business and build upon the existing client base.
- Liaise with the current investor-base and keep them updated on the portfolio.
- Contribute to marketing materials and the development of new products to attract the right calibre of investors and ensure that the offerings are commercial and competitive.
- Attend business meetings and organize roadshows with potential investors.
- Manage relationships with consultants and advisors.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- 5-8 years of experience working at an alternative investment manager, a traditional asset manager or in a sales/capital markets role at an investment bank, prime broker or other financial institution.
- A good understanding of the charity, endowment and or family-office areas is a particular value. Existing relationships in these areas are an advantage.
- Sufficient technical understanding of major asset classes and investment procedures, to discuss strategies with investors.
- Understanding of the needs and decision-making processes of the target client base. Ability to communicate how an offering can fit within that framework.
- Persuasive yet conservative manner and a desire to work with integrity and pride.
- Hands-on approach with a smaller organisation, displaying initiative and self-starter mentality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to work independently.