Business Development Executive
To support the implementation of the marketing strategy and business development, to build profile and new business opportunities on a One Firm basis.
~~Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our brand, marketing and communications team are at the forefront of our voice and identity as an organisation, creating content and campaigns which attract clients who want to work with us and people who want to work for us. Our teams of specialists help win and generate business; protect and develop our brand; provide representation in the media and support all areas of our business through digital and social. You’ll be part of a team who provides key support and expertise to a wide range of internal and client-facing teams across our firm. Your work will contribute to the bigger picture and you’ll enjoy impacting on the success of our firm and shaping a vibrant economy.
• supports the sector team with the implementation of the marketing strategy for all sectors and forms links with other service lines, sectors and market teams to avoid 'silo' activities
• provides project support to the team on initiatives and campaigns where necessary
• works with the digital team, to provide the business with appropriate, relevant and rapid turnaround e-communications for each sector and to ensure best use of the internet in marketing initiatives
• where required provides direct support with event management including exhibition support, seminars and dinners
• delivers effective internal communications around initiatives to ensure take-up and appropriate usage on the ground
• assistance with ad hoc requests that may require a tight turnaround eg adverts, presentation packs
• assisting in keeping the JAM and website pages up to date
• Works with the relevant business development teams to provide marketing support for a specific prospect and client targeting programme.
• Ensures appropriate follow up takes place after each sales/marketing activity.
• Acts as an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of Grant Thornton products and services as well as sector/industry understanding.
• Develops contacts with Grant Thornton in other service lines.
• Supports and champions the firm's client care and client satisfaction programmes.
• Reviews relevant client satisfaction reports for the public sector to build understanding of issues or opportunities.
• Undertakes other duties or responsibilities that may be reasonably required from time to time.
• plays an active role in the Marketing and BD team and contributes to positive morale
• works collaboratively across all areas within the team to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients
• acts as a role model for colleagues and provides constructive upward feedback to more senior colleagues
• works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility
• seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills
• completes a timely performance review and personal development plan
Operations and results
• Provides regular reports for the Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing and BD as required.
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
•Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
•We create sustainable value for our clients
•We are better together
•Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
•We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.