Business Development Director- Indices
The Indices Business Development team works in conjunction with the Product Management, Sales and Account Management groups to manage relationships with current and potential clients, drive new client acquisition and achieve client retention through the renewal process. You will be responsible for maintaining and development of key client and partner relationships.
The candidate will be based in IHS Markit's London office, responsible client-facing activities within the defined UK/European territories covering all aspects of business development across the sell side and buy side. The candidate will be part of a fast growing, dynamic and customer focused team, which has responsibility for meeting revenue and new business targets.
- Build new client relationships to drive adoption of IHS Markit Fixed Income Indices . Ensure new and existing clients are aware of all IHS Markit's proprietary indices and Index Administration/Calculation capabilities to drive adoption
- Work closely with sales on new index sales campaigns and lead generation
- Liaise with sales to close new business
- Manage renewals by actively working with sales and product
- Coordinate with product and R&D on new customer requirements and ensure close communication with customers on new product development
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure documentation and marketing collateral is up to date and assist with client events
- Knowledge of indices, ETFs and/or fixed income markets. Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Existing industry and client relationship networks, particularly with buy side customers and ETF issuers
- Experience with contracts, commercials and fee proposals
- Willingness to travel
- University degree (bachelor's or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and experience
It is a bonus if you also have
- Fluent in English essential. French or another European language an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate interest in staying abreast of industry and regulatory developments
- A credible and confident in a high pressure environment and be able to manage senior level meetings
- Resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- Driven and motivated to grow customer relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.