Originally based in New York, my client opened a London office a few years ago having seen the opportunities within the European pensions markets.
They have seen great success due to referrals and word of mouth since setting up and are ready to enter into the next phase of their growth plan. There has never been a focus on business development nor has there been any marketing done since launching. They are a very solutions-focused, niche player and although they aren't interested in becoming a large asset management firm they are keen to make the most of the opportunities that have been presented post CMA review.
We are looking for someone with a highly entrepreneurial mindset as you will be wearing multiple hats and have the opportunity to make the role your own to some extent. You will be joining a small team and they are looking for someone who's willing to put in the hard work and make this a career, not a job.
The work you put in will be thoroughly rewarded as you'll learn the ropes and get exposure to much more than you would in a role at a similar level with a larger firm. You will be working closely with both directors who have known and worked together for over 20 years.
- Supporting the wider business in developing new clients (mid-large pension schemes)
- Responding to RFP's
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Creating proposals and writing investment content
- Updating systems/producing reports
- Maintain on-going relationships with clients
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise deadlines
- Understanding of time-zones and appreciation of having to work outside of normal hours when necessary
- Excellent organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to travel to New York once or twice a year
- Experience creating presentations relating to investment management
- Finance or Business related University degree
- IMC preferred, but not essential (willingness to do it is essential)
- 2-3 years in a support role within investment management
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.