Robeco UK Business Development Associate With an 90 year track record and over £150b AUM globally, Robeco is looking to expand their office in the UK, already at £10b AUM since the office’s inception, with the addition of a Business Development Associate to join the UK Institutional team.
Location: London, UK
Role & Responsibilities:
The BDA sits at the heart of the team’s activities, providing support for all elements of the sales process. This will involve providing both proactive and reactive sales support to internal stakeholders and to external clients and prospects.
This is a multi-faceted role that would suit someone early in their asset management career who is still looking to learn whilst being a part of a close-knit team working together to meet our sales targets.
Some specific responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting of UK Institutional market
- Proactive market mapping of asset owners and associated individuals
- Compilation of market intelligence and news flow
- Competitor and client asset allocation analysis
- Meeting preparation for Sales Directors
- Full involvement in the new client acquisition process
- Delivering bespoke communication initiatives
- Client meeting pack preparation, collaborating with other Robeco departments
- Product specific marketing & performance updates
- Data Management
- Provision of market and commercial insight to Sales Directors
- Client CRM ownership and management
- Utilization of third party databases to benefit focus and productivity
- Ongoing Client Due Diligence
- RFP and ODD Oversight
- Project Managing RFP’s and DD Questionnaires
- Tailoring responses to local requirements
- Team Ambassador
- As an international sales office it is vital that we maintain strong ties and fluid communications, building productive internal relationships will be a key part of the role
- 1-3 years relevant industry experience preferably within an asset manager
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and investment
- A pro-active, service-orientated mindset with the enthusiasm, drive and ability to develop relationships and help with business growth.
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a top UK university
- IMC qualification preferred
- Additional investment qualifications (CFA, CAIA) are viewed favourably with the potential for educational support to complete these.