Business Development – Actuarial Software
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
Aon are currently recruiting a Business Development Executive to join our team in London. The Risk Software team, is part of the Aon Reinsurance Solutions division, and creates and develops leading edge analytical software the main product of which is ReMetrica. ReMetrica is Aon’s economic capital modelling tool, designed to allow insurance and reinsurance companies to bring insightful, risk based financial modelling to the forefront of the commercial decision making process. It has been chosen by many of the world’s leading insurers, reinsurers, captives and actuarial consulting firms. ReMetrica is used to make informed, strategic business decisions.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Business Development Executive some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- You will be part of the sales team and will be required to help deliver and optimise the sales strategy in order to promote growth across the EMEA region. Part of this will be to discover new growth areas, and to develop and own the pipelines.
- Generate new leads, manage the sales pipeline and close new business.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations and demonstrations of the software in an articulate and confident manner.
- Respond to tender documents, writing proposals and reports. This may include working across multiple Aon teams.
- Shape and design the marketing strategy, including marketing material.
- Manage existing clients, and ensure they are aware of and understand all of the products and services available to them.
- Work closely with the rest of the Risk Software team to develop sales and support existing users.
- Work closely with other Aon teams as part of an ‘Aon United’ approach.
- Manage ‘channel sales’ though the network of Aon’s overseas offices.
- Report to the head of business development.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Business Development Executive your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Graduate or equivalent experience
- Ability to sell complex solutions with a ‘consultative selling’ approach.
- Experience of working with software in the insurance industry.
- Interest in quantitative analysis and technology.
- An energy and enthusiasm to drive sales growth across the EMEA region.
- Ability to passionately deliver sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Strong commercial acumen with an eye for a good opportunity.
- Ability to create and foster internal and external relationships.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.