See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team. Team Profile
The combined Finance Risk & Assurance / Finance COO team are responsible for the design, development and implementation of numerous operational risk, people and expense management programmes for employees across EMEA Finance. This role will have daily responsibility for ensuring the following risk / COO programmes are operating effectively across the EMEA Finance division:
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Departmental Training
- Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Finance COO support
Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
The role holder will work closely with stakeholders from across global Finance and the Business Continuity Management division (BCM) to aide timely recovery of EMEA Finance critical business processes in the event of a business impacting event. The role entails assisting the division to ensure Firm and divisional BCP policies are implemented, BCP plans meet Firm standards and are refreshed on a regular basis and that recovery strategies are appropriate and tested per Firm guidelines. The individual will also ensure that EMEA Finance colleagues understand BCP best practices and Firm guidelines and will help facilitate BCP awareness within the division. In addition, the individual will have an active role in crisis management in any business impacting BCP events.
The individual will support the COO team and the EMEA Finance Training Steering Committee chair on all aspects of divisional training. This includes but is not limited to: understanding and helping develop the full breadth of the divisional training offering and how this fits in with global and Firmwide training initiatives; reporting and metrics; training logistics and departmental training compliance.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Finance COO Support
The successful candidate will support the EMEA ISG Finance COO with ad-hoc reporting and presentations across a wider operational risk and COO agenda. Primary Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate periodic BCP plan refreshes and ensure completion by Firm deadlines
- Ensure functional consistency across plans and lead quality assurance reviews
- Ensure appropriate recovery strategies are in place. Lead remediation activities to completion as necessary
- Maintain BCP communication tools such as the Rapid Notification System
- Co-ordinate annual BCP testing and ensure completion per Firm guidelines
- Provide regular BCP training/guidance to EMEA Finance Management, and BCP plan role holders on overall BCP planning process and BizCon tool
- Communicate appropriately to BCP plan role holders as necessary in preparation for or during an event (incl. dissemination of information received from BCM team)
- Liaise with BCM Coverage Officer and Finance Senior Management on a regular basis to provide BCP status on plan refresh, testing, and other BCP matters as necessary
- Support Finance divisional training programmes including developing and maintaining tracking and reporting
- Supporting the EMEA ISG Finance COO with reporting and presentation development as required Qualifications: Skills required
- Experience within Financial Services sector OR
- Strong functional knowledge of operational risk/business continuity or COO function in a similar sized institution
- Organised and disciplined approach
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to interact at all levels to drive programmes and initiatives forwards
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master web based applications quickly
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.