Business Consulting - Deals Manager
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
Our dedicated Deals Advisory team supports businesses in understanding how to realise value from their transaction activities, support it' deliver an often continue to advise on the design and implementation of organisation-wide change programmes that create a sustainable legacy well after the deal is done. We pride ourselves not just in providing insights during the pre-deal phase but in becoming a transformation partner and critical friend for our clients during the deal and beyond. As part of the wider Business Consulting team within Grant Thornton, we work with a high calibre team of subject matter experts across IT, HR, Finance and Business Operations as with the other teams working across the deal life cycle. Our team is dedicated to innovating its service delivery model to maintain cutting edge advisory across the UK and wider global market. We work actively with member firms within Grant Thornton International to support leads and act as a capability centre of excellence. Job Description: What you'll be doing:
Your responsibilities will also include:
- A Manager in our team will work as part of a project team, sometimes leading one or more Executives and involving other service lines such as Transaction Advisory Services, Lead Advisory, Corporate Finance Advisory, and Transaction Tax.
- A Manager will be responsible for leading smaller projects with minimal oversight from an Associate Director/Director/Partner and will interface directly with client management, financiers and other advisors, whilst taking responsibility for risk management, budgets and billing.
- The role requires a combination of strong analytical skills and rounded inter-personal skills. . The role will be based in [INSERT LOCATION], but requires flexibility to travel throughout the UK, with the potential to travel overseas, depending on client requirements. From time to time a Manager may also be required to support other projects in Business Consulting, that fall outside of the core Deals offering. As a result the role requires strong consulting skills and an ability to adapt to different kinds of work (eg. Operational Diligence and Transformation) outside of the core skillset.
Who we're looking for: Minimum Requirements:
- End-to-end ownership of work streams on larger engagements, working closely with the engagement manager; while being the engagement manager for smaller client engagements
- Applying existing consulting-based approach to identify solutions and build recommendations into structured manageable implementation work streams
- Playing a leading role in determining how to effectively communicate concepts, analysis and outcomes to the client and your team - this means advanced English communication both verbally and non-verbally
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients
- Supporting with business development activities, including identification of leads through benchmarking analysis, and preparation of discussion and proposal documents, including liaising with members of other service lines across Grant Thornton
- Being part of the Deals advisory competency, helping to develop our methods and knowledge
- Imparting knowledge and insight to your team, while taking responsibility for your own career development
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA,ACCA or equivalent)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of advisory clients
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Formal Project/Programme Management qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Foreign language would be desirable but not essential
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the key Deals processes: buyer/vendor due diligence; integration; separation; day one planning; post deal change programmes
- Demonstrated experience of managing small teams
- Prior consulting (internal or external) experience, or significant project work experience
- Understand / have the ability to discuss one or more Deals processes in detail
- Project management and/or change management and/or transformation capabilities
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- About you
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
- You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
- Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
- The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- Becoming a shared enterprise Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.