The Calypso team in Investec is the sole team responsible for the Calypso application. Therefore the team covers many roles and responsibilities, namely; production support and training, BAU small change, project implementation as well as being the business analyst SME point of contact for our business stakeholders.
This list is indicative and is not intended to be exhaustive. The business analyst's responsibilities are therefore not limited to the below but can include:
- Settlements Expert: Being a go-to person for all back office questions and problems.
- Providing Support: Provide ongoing/ad-hoc IT Systems & Business Process support to all internal stakeholders (as required). To have a close handle on operational issues, quickly assess the business impact, and provide responsive operational support as necessary.
- Ownership: The ability to own and be responsible for all of the work you've implemented. To self-manage, plan and prioritise your work effectively.
- Understanding Requirements: Work with business, other SMEs and change team to understand business requirements and identify/comprehend all relevant issues in tackling those.
- Building Solutions: Design robust and scalable software solutions for new business requirements driving automation wherever possible. Have a clear vision of overall design from an early stage in order to guide the development.
- Driving Automation: Drive automation wherever it's possible and makes sense from a cost-benefit perspective.
- Developing Relationships: Develop, manage and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Delivering Projects: Work in partnership with the projects office. This may involve providing the required documentation, providing business cases, project planning, stakeholder management and communications
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- 4 years or more experience in similar roles.
- Recent previous experience in a role which included Production Support is a must.
- Calypso v14 or later, essentially on all areas of Back Office, Reporting, and Calypso fundamentals.
- Business analysis skills including strong process experience and understanding of business analysis methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and implement business requirements in Calypso.
- Back Office knowledge and experience of solving problems specific to transfers, netting, settlement instructions, the settlement process, messaging (SWIFT and PDF), message setup, nostro management, cash positions etc.
- Understanding of the Task Station and how this may be used in a corporate and interbank capacity.
- Knowledge of SWIFT, experience in implementing requirements based on both custom requests and SWIFT standards changes, and troubleshooting errors.
- Experience of Collateral Management and Securities Settlement is not a mandatory requirement but a beneficial added extra.
- Banking and trading product knowledge.
- Analytical, with the ability to arrive at solutions that fit current or future business processes.
- Effective writing and verbal communication to deliver required documentation and understanding of business requirements.