Business Analyst, Analyst/Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
APG-Core Investor Data designs, builds, and supports all content aspects of quantitative research, model development and model production; alpha generation, risk modeling, transaction costs, and post trade attribution analysis. We support all quants across Blackrock and also provide data for Blackrock Solution (BRS) clients.
The role is twofold. First, work with investment teams to understand their investment process and their content needs. Second, work with content engineers to satisfy these content needs. It is a unique opportunity to work with multiple investment teams within BlackRock and contribute to their unique research and investment process.
• Help investment teams leverage the many data products already available at the firm
• Collect new content requirements from internal customers
• Work with engineers to translate these requirements into content product
• Review content product prototypes and providing feedback to the development team
• Review existing systems and proposing enhancements
• Evaluate external vendors and products
• Drive problem resolution through a “hands-on” approach that will often require diving head first into the data through SQL
• Design quality checks for content production operations
• Experience gathering business requirements and creating functional specifications.
• Experience designing, implementing, and supporting financial data products and processes
• Deep knowledge in financial vendor products such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, FactSet, Markit, etc.
• 3-year experience manipulating, and analyzing data using technologies / tools such as SQL, Python, or R
• Self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, takes initiative, and can thrive within a large team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills