We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client, a major UK retail bank, provides every day banking services to over 17 million retail customers. The banks expertise and services span across Business Services, Corporate banking, Wealth Management, Group Functions, Retail and Investment Banking.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Business Analyst (API) for a 6 Month contract based remotely
Purpose of the Role:
- The role holder will be accountable for the growth of the API ecosystem – including the build-out of new APIs to meet the demands of proposition teams across the Bank, and the maximum adoption of those re-usable APIs across Domains
- The role-holder will seek-out all opportunities across the Bank for the re-use of the new Open Banking infrastructure, saving cost and duplication and increasing speed-to-market
- Maximising the impact of investment spend by ensuring that re-usable API assets are created wherever feasible and by ensuing that these assets leverage the Open Banking infrastructure, guarantee their ongoing re-use across the Bank
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Establish a common bankwideview at CEO-3 and 4 of the criticality of an open API infrastructure for delivering innovation, our future competitiveness and income growth.
- Ensure sufficient funding and resources to deliver this vision.
- Drive API-first thinking across franchises/brands; drive re-use of Open Banking ecosystem
- Establish franchise-owned business cases for investment in both API Pipeline and Consumption of non-bank APIs
- Identify worldwide best-practice and leading external commercial partners, securing arrangements with such partners for the benefit for customers
- Work with innovation programs across the Bank (from concept to live testing) to assess the potential for either re-use of existing APIs, or creation of new APIs to support those innovation agendas
- Establish strong working relationships across all digital, innovation and technology teams be able to influence technology strategy towards re-usable & externalisable APIs in new investments
- Leverage a strong understanding of API technology and core banking systems to be able to rapidly assess API feasibility, desirability and likely cost for any new customer journey/experience
- Manage day-to-day activities within risk appetite
- Display risk practices and behaviours consistent with a risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think
What we require from the candidate:
- Extensive API Experience
- Extensive Business Analysis Experience
- Open Banking Experience (Nice to have)
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business