Candidates applying must have strong Business Analyst skills, Financial services and Ops Risk experience.
The Operational Risk Management Framework Enhancement initiative is a strategic multi-year initiative to re-engineer Operational Risk management across HSBC. A number of programmes roll up into this initiative, which currently include:
- The Risk and Control Improvement (R&CI) Programme, which exists to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of controls in the ORMF space.
- The Reporting & Analytics (R&A) Programme, which exists to deliver insight to Operational/Non-Financial Risk decision making through standardised, comprehensive, and integrated risk information.
- The Capital, Scenarios and Stress Testing Programme, which exists to enable the business to own and control Operational Risk capital as an integral part of managing risk.
We are seeking business analysts to work on these and other future programmes in this space.
The jobholder's principle responsibilities will be spread across design and implementation including current state analysis, process and framework design and workshop facilitation and preparation. The role will support the Programme Manager in defining both the strategic design and approach for implementation of projects at HSBC as well as tactical solutions which can be deployed in parallel while the strategic solution is developed. This will include both business process design as well as systems functional design and requirements definition, as well as senior stakeholder coordination and engagement to define and drive through agreement on solutions and ultimately their implementation.
The jobholder will need strong skills in SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, to perform this role effectively it is essential that the candidate has strong stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills. They will need to be able to build strong working relationships to make full use of the expertise available within the stakeholder community. The candidate will be expected to:
- Define both strategic and tactical designs, solutions and implementation approaches working with SMEs in the Business, Functions and IT
- Prepare for and run workshops / meetings with senior stakeholders across the Business, Functions and IT
- Conduct current state analysis on varying data sets to support business case preparation and benefits definition
- Create materials to support policy and procedure creation based on the agreed designs which will define how policy and processes should be executed across HSBC
The ideal candidate would have some or all of the following:
- A track record of successful delivery of change programmes in the Financial Services industry.
- Experience of working in a complex delivery environment, quickly building a strong rapport with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong Business Analyst
- Experience/subject matter knowledge in one of the following areas, preferably in the Operational Risk space:
- Risk and Control management;
- Risk Reporting and Analytics; Capital, Scenarios and Stress Testing.
- Good understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A good understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of the Global Transformation
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- (Desirable) understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Understanding of the delivery organisations within HSBC - global mind-set, understanding of delivery partners etc
- Project and stakeholder management and communication planning
- Current state analysis and data analysis
- Business process design, functional design, requirements definition
- Policy and procedure definition
- Solution implementation approach and planning