The business analyst will be involved in driving the definition and design of changes to the global finance systems, data, and processes across Finance in support of Basel 3 Reforms and Regulatory change initiatives. The role will focus on Finance deliverables and thus an understanding of RWA's, or Credit Risk measures is needed.
The role holder will be able to:
- Interpret Basel and regulatory text into detailed requirements from a process and systems perspective, focused on RWA calculation uplifts and data requirements
- Facilitate workshops with varied stakeholder and user groups to agree on the requirements and solution design
- Undertake detailed data analysis and identify incremental data requirements and help identify solutions
- Be able to translate complex requirements and processes into simple and understandable documentation
- Day to day running of requirement management systems, change control and document standards
- Deliver detailed design documentation mapping out the end to end solution
- The role has been created to support the Global Finance Change Basel 3 Reform initiative, and will also support other regulatory change
- The jobholder will have to work closely with 'virtual' teams situated overseas in multiple locations; influencing, motivating and guiding where necessary.
- Good relationships with team members/Group/Regional/Finance Teams/Risk Teams/IT are essential.
- Consistently apply Group Strategy/standards making optimum use of Group resources.
The jobholder is responsible for the completion of assigned tasks, thorough follow-up through of change delivery. Also has the responsibility to lead junior staff in their roles for analysis, design and implementation of design solutions to problems as they arise.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Extensive experience in a Regulatory or Accounting focused role and able to operate in Finance, Risk and Technical environment.
- An understanding of the Group's operations, structure and Global Businesses.
- An understanding of product and customer groups monthly/daily reporting/processing requirements.
- An appreciation of the Group's Finance processes for internal and external reporting.
- Knowledge of how the offshore centres operate.
- Extensive experience and a solid understanding of process mapping and system tools to create processes.
- Extensive experience with Requirements Gathering and Documentation.
- An understanding of project management and preferably qualified (PRINCE 2 Practitioner or SIX SIGMA) together with the bank's current system development life cycle.
- Extensive experience with leading, presenting to and working with Senior Stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
Excellent communication skills across all media.